Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stunt_man

Xbox version of the Shield bar?

27 posts in this topic

Hello OC,

I know nothing about HUD tags.

I'm looking for someone to port the Xbox version of the health/shield bar. To be specific, the fullscreen variant.

I can provide tags or Xbox map files if needed.

Bonus points if quality is bumped up to make it fit in well with the Lumoria HUD.

Comparison:

Xbox:

xbox%20hud.jpg

PC:

PC%20hud.jpg

This will be used in an unannounced project to port all the Xbox versions of the maps to PC, complete with all geometry changes and different item placements, plus a few other surprises :P For the curious, you can catch beta builds (each at different stages of development) of xbox_chillout, xbox_damnation, xbox_hangemhigh & xbox_carousel on GMYF 173.199.100.20:2302

This should go without saying, but full credit will be given.

Tiddy-bits:

Are you tight with him? Should I just ask him myself? He seems to have a lot on his plate...

On the same topic, I'm also wondering about removing the gametype icon next to the health/shield bar (isn't present on Xbox):

Xbox%20no%20gametype.jpg

Is this as simple as deleting a HUD element in the tag?

Are you tight with him? Should I just ask him myself? He seems to have a lot on his plate...

On the same topic, I'm also wondering about removing the gametype icon next to the health/shield bar (isn't present on Xbox):

Is this as simple as deleting a HUD element in the tag?

Me and Jesse have been friends since 2007 and I have taught him a lot of things about Halo CE modding before he became the go to guy for HUDs. As for removing the Gametype icon use the following tags from this HUD: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2479

tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_background.bitmap
tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_ctf.bitmap
tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_king.bitmap
tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_oddball.bitmap
tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_race.bitmap
tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_slayer.bitmap
stunt_man likes this

Humans of the Halomaps Forum: A comedy about lynching Sparky.

https://www.facebook.com/Humans-of-the-Halomaps-Forum-950977501622757

Me and Jesse have been friends since 2007 and I have taught him a lot of things about Halo CE modding before he became the go to guy for HUDs. As for removing the Gametype icon use the following tags from this HUD: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2479

tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_background.bitmap
tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_ctf.bitmap
tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_king.bitmap
tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_oddball.bitmap
tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_race.bitmap
tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_slayer.bitmap

Yeah removing the icons is as simple as just replacing them with all-black tifs (alpha, too). Did it for the Rev HUD. Unfortunately they are hard-coded references, so you can't just change the dependencies - you have to actually rename the old bitmaps and put the new ones in as the original names.

As for removing them...they do serve a purpose, although not a vitally important one.

Also, why do you want the original Xbox version of the shield/health bar? The PC one looks cleaner anyway IMO

WaeV likes this

KsqHutE.png

Considering that there are split screen hud bitmaps on the original bitmap, I would automatically assume that they use the exact same bitmap as the Xbox version.

Edited by Sceny
NeX likes this

Yeah removing the icons is as simple as just replacing them with all-black tifs (alpha, too). Did it for the Rev HUD. Unfortunately they are hard-coded references, so you can't just change the dependencies - you have to actually rename the old bitmaps and put the new ones in as the original names.

So... Can I just remove the entries like @AlissArcana said? Or do I really need to replace them with blank bitmaps?

As for removing them...they do serve a purpose, although not a vitally important one.

I'm aiming for fidelity with this project, so I'm going to remove them since they aren't a part of the Xbox HUD.

Also, why do you want the original Xbox version of the shield/health bar? The PC one looks cleaner anyway IMO

Again, aiming for fidelity. The shield blocks on the Xbox HUD are more square, and the little shield icon is different. I think it would be a nice touch to port it over.

Considering that there are split screen hud bitmaps on the original bitmap, I would automatically assume that they use the exact same bitmap as the Xbox version.

If you are referring to the PC HUD tags' splitscreen reference, yes, I'm pretty sure I saw that when I did some limited research. However, I am interested only in the fullscreen HUD, which appears to have been replaced on PC.

I thought about using the splitscreen HUD for this project, since that is what most people are used to on Xbox. However it's much slimmer (to account for the small amount of screen space in splitscreen), and I think it would look out of place in relation to the other HUD elements since on PC.

===============================================================

I'll take this opportunity to further explain my vision for this project. I am porting the Xbox maps for players who want to play the Xbox maps. I am going to be indiscriminately porting as many details from the Xbox version as possible.

For example: on the Xbox version of Derelict, there's a rocket launcher that spawns every 30 seconds. This is not the case on PC. Upon investigation, it looks like it was a mistake on Xbox - when ripping the Xbox .scenario tag, I found that there is an item collection for the flamethrower, but none for the Rocket Launcher. This leads me to the conclusion that: 1) the flamethrower was cut last minute, and was replaced in the globals with the Rocket Launcher 2) the Rocket Launcher is still using the Flamethrower's default spawn time, 30 seconds. Keep in mind that Xbox Derelict is the only vanilla map to have a Rocket Launcher that spawns every 30 seconds.

That being said, the PC version may technically play better because this "bug" was fixed, but that's outside the scope of this project. On the same subject, the teleporters out of the bases on Sidewinder are one-way on Xbox, but many feel that the map plays better with two-way teleporters (native to the PC version). I will be including one-way teleporters regardless of the gameplay impact.

A direct copy of the HUD from the Xbox version was a bit unsuccessful, as the bitmaps uses a compression format that's not supported by Halo PC, nor is it supported by Eschaton (it looks like corrupted garbage) nor HMT.

bloodgulch.map.zip

Tag is ui\hud\cyborg+, and it's a unit hud interface tag.

Takka likes this

A direct copy of the HUD from the Xbox version was a bit unsuccessful, as the bitmaps uses a compression format that's not supported by Halo PC, nor is it supported by Eschaton (it looks like corrupted garbage) nor HMT.

attachicon.gifbloodgulch.map.zip

Tag is ui\hud\cyborg+, and it's a unit hud interface tag.

So you were able to rip it? I won't be able to test until later tonight, can someone post a screenshot? :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0