What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Erynn933

Lara Croft "Attempted Rape" in New Game

55 posts in this topic

I was scared to play viva pinata because I kept thinking I might accidentally kill off my uber rare pinatas

343OrM8.jpg?1

Tiddy-bits:

Ok, ok, ok it's game who gives a fuck?

Don't like it don't buy it. The people spending millions on this are ok with it so to bad so sad.

Don't like it don't buy it. The people spending millions on this are ok with it so to bad so sad.

i give a fuck

rape is bad, bro

How would you like it if someone tried to rape you? Games today... going a bit to far.

It's kinda saying rape is OK; I'm not saying this is going to cause more rapes but if we start raping people left and right in video games it's going to be saying it's okay for women to get raped in games. Which it isn't, rape is bad mmkay?

Edited by icstars2
Takka likes this

343OrM8.jpg?1

It's kinda saying rape is OK; I'm not saying this is going to cause more rapes but if we start raping people left and right in video games it's going to be saying it's okay for a girl to get raped in a game.

Rape is bad mmkay?

Whose to say its not another women who tries to rape her?

How is this any way related to real life? What does this have to do with anything?

16hvndh.jpg

This is a show about crazy shit yet its ok but a video game isn't?

Edited by Dante

Yes, it is a game. Yes, it is not real. However, there are other ways to develop a character in a story. Rape is a touchy subject and in reality psychologically damages victims of it, implementing it into a fictional character's development as if there is nothing else is incredibly crude and nonsensical. While the character is completely to the mercies of it's writers, there is such a thing as "too much". While the goal is to make the player feel sorry for the character, there are definitely less obtrusive ways of doing it. In short it's an incredibly offensive subject that people would rather not see in something meant to entertain them.

Takka and icstars2 like this

Whose to say its not another women who tries to rape her?

I never said it wasn't.

How is this any way related to real life? What does this have to do with anything?

16hvndh.jpg

This is a show about crazy shit yet its ok but a video game isn't?

That show is about the prosecution and law revolving around sex crimes, that's the entire point of it. This game isn't called "RAPE, THE GAME: RAPE LARA!"

343OrM8.jpg?1

Personally I don't care about it but, trying to demonizing one game compared to every movie, tv show, book, and other video game. I mean when will it stop? its the free speech thing if you don't let them do it then they'll slowly take away everything.