What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JuliquE

Race Vehicle Spawn Orders

I've got something of a challenge, if anyone's up for it.

In race, if you haven't modded your server, chain-'hogs spawn first, before those of the rocket variety; it's not until you have five people in, that you see the first rocket-'hog spawn, and, even then, it's always an unbalanced game, in more ways than one, until a sixth person joins, and a second rocket-'hog is spawned.

Is there a way, then, to have Halo do the inverse, spawning, first, rocket-'hogs (for every instance it would chains), before chain-'hogs (for rockets)? If not, then it's preferred to have all rockets, as we do, now.. but, whilst never BETTER, in my opinion, it's neat to have the choice to use a chain-'hog.

Practical?

b_350x20_C957F6A-000000-FFFFFF-750A0E.pn

Tiddy-bits:

I feel like this could be fixed with a map edit. It's probably joiner-friendly if I remember right. Just swap the rocket-hog and chain-hog references from the scenario so they refer to the other type of hog.

JuliquE likes this

I feel like this could be fixed with a map edit. It's probably joiner-friendly if I remember right. Just swap the rocket-hog and chain-hog references from the scenario so they refer to the other type of hog.

That won't work. Halo will just spawn rocket warthogs at the machine gun warthogs' locations instead of the machine gun warthogs' locations, rather than treat the rocket warthog as a machine gun warthog. In Race, it just won't do anything at all, because it uses netgame flags for spawning vehicles.

If you notice, in Blood Gulch, the scenario tag is missing the gun turret in the vehicle palette, while the globals tag still has all of the vehicles in it. Swap the two vehicles in the globals tag and you'll get your desired result.

Edited by 002
WaeV and JuliquE like this

That won't work. Halo will just spawn rocket warthogs at the machine gun warthogs' locations instead of the machine gun warthogs' locations, rather than treat the rocket warthog as a machine gun warthog. In Race, it just won't do anything at all, because it uses netgame flags for spawning vehicles.

If you notice, in Blood Gulch, the scenario tag is missing the gun turret in the vehicle palette, while the globals tag still has all of the vehicles in it. Swap the two vehicles in the globals tag and you'll get your desired result.

I actually went into the "Vehicles" tag, replacing the individual references, and achieved the same result as going into "Globals," if a bit tedious. Had I known better, I would have done it the way you recommended, as, having tried it on one map, it's far easier.

Wondering if someone would be so kind as to put together a script where I can set the server to shuffle teams, every so many maps, at a variable of my choosing.

TIA!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0