RGBMF

Language Censor

20 posts in this topic

Can an option to immune admin be added to this script please?

Yes, but if your admins are swearing when you don't allow swearing, you should probably get better admins who actually follow your rules.

I've re-uploaded it with the changes on my previous post.

With the ability to add a response that says "You cannot mute an admin!" would be genius.

It's not a manual mute, but an automatic mute, so nobody would receive this message.

Takka likes this

Tiddy-bits:

Yes, but if your admins are swearing when you don't allow swearing, you should probably get better admins who actually follow your rules.

I've re-uploaded it with the changes on my previous post.

I agree, although Iggy and I are the only active admins.  I'd like this immunity for other words I have added to the list, 'bad words are bad' doesn't necessarily mean swear words ;)

I agree, although Iggy and I are the only active admins.  I'd like this immunity for other words I have added to the list, 'bad words are bad' doesn't necessarily mean swear words ;)

My point is still valid regardless of if the word is vulgar or not. By adding them to the list, you're not allowing players to say them, and you're penalizing players for attempting to say them. If your admins are saying them, then they're breaking the rules no matter how you look at it. Players may also assume that the words that they are saying are allowed, which is not something we want if there's a penalty for saying them.

If I had admins who were breaking my rules on my servers which I pay for, I would can them immediately.

NeX likes this

Admins should be held to a higher standard than the players they are moderating anyway...

Speaking of which... (not you NeX)

Meh, I don't allow the 'word' POQ on my servers. If I use it it's only when we are there on our own, not amongst public players.

Something tells me you really really hate POQ.

This is an awesome script, and I am so glad to have it on my servers. I was wondering would it be possible to add the functionality of muting specific words for specific player names or ip addresss only?

So for example in addition to having your set of words that get muted globally for all players, you can also have specific words that get muted just for some players.

Edited by Vic Firth