RGBMF

Language Censor

20 posts in this topic

Could somebody write a language censor, with auto mute/time limits? That would be really neat! 

thanks

Edited by RGBMF

«RG»BMF

Tiddy-bits:

That, Mr Double Oh Two is just freakin genius!

Potty mouth killer!!

Awesome!!

Thanks 

WaeV likes this

«RG»BMF

As is, muted players can reset the duration of their muting (both perm. & temp.—auto. or admin.) by, again, typing out one of the disallowed words.

Ideally, this script would be overridden if a player is muted by an administrator, however still resetting the auto-muting duration, if the player repeats the offence. If that's not possible, then it would do the trick to simply not allow muted players to be muted again (as opposed to recognizing when it were an auto-muting case vs. admin.).

The server also always says that an admin. has muted the player; would be nice for there to be a distinction for when a player's been auto-muted, then.

b_350x20_C957F6A-000000-FFFFFF-750A0E.pn

As is, muted players can reset the duration of their muting (both perm. & temp.—auto. or admin.) by, again, typing out one of the disallowed words.

Ideally, this script would be overridden if a player is muted by an administrator, however still resetting the auto-muting duration, if the player repeats the offence. If that's not possible, then it would do the trick to simply not allow muted players to be muted again (as opposed to recognizing when it were an auto-muting case vs. admin.).

The server also always says that an admin. has muted the player; would be nice for there to be a distinction for when a player's been auto-muted, then.

It is not possible to check if a player is muted with SAPP, and the 'mute' command will always say they were muted by an admin. I can't do anything about that without modifying SAPP itself (which is tricky without the source code, as SAPP is not open-source). SAPP's callbacks are a little limited, too, as many of them are derived from the event system, which means that you can't block most of them unlike in Phasor.

I could just block messages from a player for a specific amount of time, but that means it'll take away its ability to use a separate SAPP command. The requester was not specific on what action to take, which was why this feature was in place.

Personally, I don't see the point of this script, and I'm the one who made it, but I'll see what I can do...

JuliquE likes this

Much obliged for yet another enlightening post.

Your efforts are always appreciated.

Done. This one does not have support for executing a command and just blocks messages coming from the players' hashes as well as announce mutes.

Download (SAPP): badwordsarebad_modified.lua

Takka and JuliquE like this

Hadn't yet replied, as I've not had the chance to see this in action (it's applied, but no instances of it's use yet noted).

Previously, it would block admin. entered expletives, without muting them; I assumed this did the same. If not, then, yeh—would love that feature (or similar) to be added, if/when possible.

Thanks, again, btw.

Edited by JuliquE