Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Stable Lead

27 posts in this topic

I have a couple of questions following feedback from a player in my server.

1. If stable lead is set to 33ms, and the player is jumping between 25-35 ms, would this make the shot lead inconsistent?
  2. What happens when you type /lead 0 ?
  3. What happens when you type /lead 1 ?

The player wouldn't stop complaining about reg but he didn't come across as the complainer-type (ex: camper, pinger, nader, etc, etc).

Also, another general question/thought: I was always under the impression that the game doesn't drop shots. Meaning that if your shot didn't land, it's simply because you missed. The game doesn't eat your shots. Am I correct in this assumption?

Tiddy-bits:

If stable lead is set to 33ms, and the player is jumping between 25-35 ms, would this make the shot lead inconsistent?

If they're at 25ms, then they lead at 25ms. However, this is actually 33ms because ping is rounded up to the nearest tick because Halo only accepts input once every tick, which is why not having SAPP enabled causes pings to usually be divisible by 33ms.

If their ping is 35ms, then no-lead kicks in and reduces it to 33ms.

Either way, it's going to be 33ms.

What happens when you type /lead 0 ?

Nothing. You can't have stable lead if no-lead is disabled.

What happens when you type /lead 1 ?

The server re-enables no-lead instantly by executing "lead 0" on behalf of the player.

NeX likes this

If they're at 25ms, then they lead at 25ms. However, this is actually 33ms because ping is rounded up to the nearest tick because Halo only accepts input once every tick, which is why not having SAPP enabled causes pings to usually be divisible by 33ms.

If their ping is 35ms, then no-lead kicks in and reduces it to 33ms.

Either way, it's going to be 33ms.

Nothing. You can't have stable lead if no-lead is disabled.

The server re-enables no-lead instantly by executing "lead 0" on behalf of the player.

So the player that was complaining was simply missing his shots and needs to get used to 33ms lead. Gotcha. Also, with this script enabled, players can't define /lead 1 or /lead 0 - they will always need to lead by the amount indicated in your script, unless their ping is far enough below the value defined, in which case they will lead by their ping.

they will always need to lead by the amount indicated in your script, unless their ping is far enough below the value defined, in which case they will lead by their ping.

Yeah. Basically:

Without no-lead:

0-33ms = 33ms lead

33-67ms = 67ms lead

67ms-100ms = 100ms lead

100ms-133ms = 133ms lead

133ms-167ms = 167ms lead

167-200ms = 200ms lead

etc.

If stable lead were set to 100ms:

0-33ms = 33ms lead

33-67ms = 67ms lead

67ms-100ms = 100ms lead

100+ms = 100ms lead

stunt_man and NeX like this

Whoah whoah whoah

This might be unrelated a little bit but is that the same Stunt Man as on Modhalo?

NeX likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

Whoah whoah whoah

This might be unrelated a little bit but is that the same Stunt Man as on Modhalo?

I have an account there but I don't think I've ever posted. Which stunt man are you referring to?

stunt%20man%20modhalo.jpg

Yeah I meant from a while ago back when you used to do projects, right?

Umh7x1l.gif

Yeah I meant from a while ago back when you used to do projects, right?

A while back ago I never posted about any projects on that site. Wrong guy

He's got like 5 going on right now at once :P

Don't we all...

Edited by stunt_man

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0