Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Next Game

12 posts in this topic

This script has a function 'NextGameNow' and command 'next_game' which forces the next game to begin in just a few seconds, almost entirely bypassing the score screen, as long as sv_mapcycle_timeout is set to any value that is GREATER than 0.

For example, you can add the lines:

next_game "lua_call next_game NextGameNow" 4
sv_map_fast #1 #2 "map #1 #2; next_game" 4

to your commands.txt file. Now try entering a command like 'sv_map_fast bloodgulch CTF' and see how fast the game changed to the CTF gametype on Blood Gulch. This is useful, because players may get impatient and leave during the score screen. If game intermissions only take a couple seconds, then players are less likely to leave.

You can also use 'next_game' if you want to quickly reload the map for whatever reason, but not risk crashing Halo with 'sv_map_reset' if the game is unstable.

To show you how fast this works, here is a video of the above sv_map_fast command in action:

You don't need to edit commands.txt to use next_game as a player.

Download (SAPP): next_game.lua

Takka, Weyland, HAN-105 and 1 other like this

Tiddy-bits:

I released version 1.1 just now so it uses sv_map_next whenever it ends the game. Now it properly ends the game so EVENT_GAME_END is called, but makes no difference otherwise.

since the zombie game i made is a 3 minute survival  + little bit hard to kill zombies, the game ends quickly, 

so, now i use this script to run "quickly ending" games in a row automatically if its selected from vote.

such as, [3 minute zombie survival]x4 mapsets. and a [12 score short gungame]x3 mapsets.

example:

NcQNrlu.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS-vLg7cjB4

example code:

event_end $map:carousel $mode:Zombie $pn>10 'w8 3;map putput Zombie;next_game'
event_end $map:putput $mode:Zombie $pn>10 'w8 3;map longest Zombie;next_game'
event_end $map:longest $mode:Zombie $pn>10 'w8 3;map damnation Zombie;next_game'

event_end $mode:Zombie $pn<11 $map!:damnation 'w8 2;say * "not enough players, zombie cycle cancelled!!!!" '

good script!

and ofc thanks for releasing it....

do you not recommend this script to use for a quick restart a game before even players join?

like, restart a game after the 1st 300 milliseconds after the game's 1st start.....

like this;

event_start $mode:the_specific_game $1st_start=0 'lua_load a_lua_script;wait 100;var_set 1st_start 1;wait 200;map a b;next_game;w8 5;var_set 1st_start 0'
event_end $mode:the_specific_game $1st_start=0 'lua_unload a_lua_script'

i mean can it effect/lag the server after sometimes this happens in some games, like 3 games in 60 vote option cycle server?

do you not recommend this script to use for a quick restart a game before even players join?

like, restart a game after the 1st 300 milliseconds after the game's 1st start.....

like this;

event_start $mode:the_specific_game $1st_start=0 'lua_load a_lua_script;wait 100;var_set 1st_start 1;wait 200;map a b;next_game;w8 5;var_set 1st_start 0'

event_end $mode:the_specific_game $1st_start=0 'lua_unload a_lua_script'

i mean can it effect/lag the server after sometimes this happens in some games, like 3 games in 60 vote option cycle server?

I tend to use sv_map_reset if I just want to reset the map quickly, though it has been known to crash certain maps in very specific cases. If you really need to end the game, then I suppose this would work. I don't see why any issues would occur.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0