What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrMew

PC server not working

11 posts in this topic

Tied starting my PC sever today, running custom maps with Phasor. Crashed loading up multiple times. Reinstalled, with 1.09 or 1.0.10 patch and no Phasor won't recognize maps. With Phasor can't start. What's wrong?

Tiddy-bits:

Tied starting my PC sever today, running custom maps with Phasor. Crashed loading up multiple times. Reinstalled, with 1.09 or 1.0.10 patch and no Phasor won't recognize maps. With Phasor can't start. What's wrong?

Try SAPP. It's much more user friendly and black-box.

If this is throwing a stick in your spokes, phasor is probably not the server solution you're looking for

DiSiAC and jasecon like this

KsqHutE.png

It use to work before though, now it suddenly doesn't. I have tried sapp before but it is too lagging for my pc. Can I run custom maps without sapp or phasor?

Does phasor automatically update?

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

Does phasor automatically update?

Not since the last time I checked. That's actually one of the things that puts a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths about SAPP, security risks from unsigned developer and such. Not a big deal to me, but it's been raised as a concern many times.

Phasor hasn't ever auto updated in the past, to my knowledge.

I'm also going to iterate the mantra of all help/support forums:

EXPLAIN THE GOD-DAMN MOTHER FUCKING SHIT-ASS PROBLEM IN GOD-DAMN MOTHER FUCKING SHIT ASS DETAIL!

...fuck!

"It's brokeded not wurking, wat do???"

is NOT how you ask for help, nor is enough for us to even GIVE you help if we wanted to.

Try that when talking on the phone to a mechanic:

"Hey man my car won't start. What's broken?"

"Well clearly your ignition <car babble here>"

No. They are going to make you list in EXCRUCIATING detail what EXACTLY is happening.

We are going to do the same.

Edited by NeX
DiSiAC likes this

KsqHutE.png

Can I run custom maps without sapp or phasor?

On Halo Custom Edition, you can. You do not need SAPP or Phasor to run custom maps. For modified versions of maps that use the same internal name, though, it's a tiny bit more complicated.

On Halo PC, you technically can, but you will need to overwrite the map list in haloded.exe using a hex editor if you want to use a map that has a custom map name, like Phoenix 3. In that case, you will be limited to 14 characters (the name of boardingaction) instead of the normal 31 characters that the map header allows, unless you overwrite multiple map entries or create a code cave. Modified maps that use the a stock map's name should work, however.

General idea of asking for help is getting suggestions and advice on what may fix the problem. I'm really not sure what details are relevant. The fact that in running xp sp2, and movie maker gets stuck at 50% when publishing are details, but not necessarily helpful.

The fact that in running xp sp2, and movie maker gets stuck at 50% when publishing are details, but not necessarily helpful.

There are some Halo PC maps that won't function on Windows XP, so getting information about the OS may possibly find some use. Some software may also have problems running on unsupported operating systems; for example, Phasor may be loaded from the dedicated server, but it may have different system requirements.

What would also be helpful is information about the scripts being used and the maps being used (and perhaps even the gametype - some maps fail on certain gametypes). If this problem occurs without scripts, or you're using stock maps on stock gametypes, then Halo is most likely not at fault.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0