What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
giraffe

France in shock after Islamist attacks kill 129

59 posts in this topic

Easy, it were terrorist.

Terrorists don't seek asylum as immigrants do.

It could be locals but what would they gain from shooting up their own home? So they probably aren't locals.

Are you really, seriously, arguing over the semantics of "labels"? Seriously?

Of course terrorists don't seek asylum, they're terrorists. No one is blaming refugees for the attacks, but to say a terrorist faction wouldn't capitalize on the confusion and influx of ethnically similar groups is just naive.

That's like saying an English born Irishman who becomes a member of the IRA wouldn't assimilate back into English society to further the cause the IRA, because it sounds "mean". 

Semantically it doesn't matter if the terror group was a migrant cell or had French citizenship, the endgame for them is the same...killing ethnic Frenchman and assimilated expats.

xvii likes this

Tiddy-bits:

Are you really, seriously, arguing over the semantics of "labels"? Seriously?

How about: Yes?

If you throw around with words, you better god damn know what they actually mean.

You can't just blame certain tragedies on people which are barely, if at all, involved into a situation.

No one is blaming refugees for the attacks, but to say a terrorist faction wouldn't capitalize on the confusion and influx of ethnically similar groups is just naive.

If no one is blaming refugees then why are they even mentioned in this thread? (rhetoric question, please don't take time to come up with some silly answer)

Semantically it doesn't matter if the terror group was a migrant cell or had French citizenship, the endgame for them is the same...killing ethnic Frenchman and assimilated expats.

Exactly. All I'm saying is that refugees can't be blamed for this act of terrorism.

If you throw around with words, you better god damn know what they actually mean.

You can't just blame certain tragedies on people which are barely, if at all, involved into a situation.

Show me where in this thread anyone blamed the refugees. 

If no one is blaming refugees then why are they even mentioned in this thread? (rhetoric question, please don't take time to come up with some silly answer)

Because they where used as a cover for the attack.

Exactly. All I'm saying is that refugees can't be blamed for this act of terrorism.

No one has blamed the refugees.

Where are you even pull any of this from?

Show me where in this thread anyone blamed the refugees.

I don't think that this would prevent terrorism.

It would have saved lives in the end. The refugees are coming into other countries in a high quantity.

immigration is the largest source of enemies being allowed into a country, it's not ridiculous to say that the borders should be closed.

If you don't see the correlation you should get some reading comprehension.

Even if some of the attackers were stopped at the gates, there are still home-grown terrorist cells in Europe

It sounds like you're implying that it's pointless to debate closing the borders. What you said is not an argument against closing the borders though. You, in fact, agree that closing the borders stops a mentionable number (I would argue the majority) of attackers from entering the country. It also does nothing to affect the liberty of current citizens; therefore doing so is logical.

>Are you seriously debating semantics?

So stop.

I feel like I just pointed at a tree and said, "look a tree." Then someone came up and yelled at me to stop using words if I don't know what they mean, grabbed an ant off the bark, and said, "this is most certainly not a tree!"

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

If you don't see the correlation you should get some reading comprehension.

There is no correlation, you're conjuring up perceived slights against the refugees and claiming a correlation exists. 

A country practicing good immigration policy isn't blaming refugees for a terror attack. It's apparent you can't distinguish between the idea of a terrorist cell using an immigration crisis as a cover to infiltrate a country and actual immigrants.

Nobody has blamed the refugees for anything, they as a group are being used as a way of ingress for terrorists. 

There is no correlation

[...]

Nobody has blamed the refugees for anything

I can't do more than point it out to you.

The part where you have to use your brain still lays by you.

I can't do more than point it out to you.

The part where you have to use your brain still lays by you.

I see exactly what you're implying and it's conjecture at best. You're trying to liken those posts to something they're not. 

No one here, but you has seen that as "blaming refugees", when in fact you're to damn blind to see it's France's poor immigration policy that allowed this and that the refugees are victims used by the terrorists as a cover for their deeds. 

No doubt the refugees want and most likely need a new home, but that is not France's problem. The French Government, who took it upon itself to allow refugees in as an act of kindness. Because of France's complacency in establishing a thorough and effective screening system for incoming refugees, it lead to the infiltration of refugee groups by terrorists factions. 

So, again NO ONE has blamed the refugees for the attacks...they've blamed the terrorists. 

Guys, your political views do not make insulting someone over them okay. The immigrants obviously did nothing wrong, but that also doesn't mean it's impossible for any "terrorists" to ride their way into the country either.

It's good discussion, but keep it civil.

WaeV and Pra3tor1an like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0