Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Spotify

26 posts in this topic

Pandora with adblock is great for background noise while gaming.

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

Tiddy-bits:

My experience with Spotify on iPhone basically was that it gives you basically no say. If you tired to play one song from an album it would select the whole album and shuffles the potatoes out of it and will generally put the song you wanted at the bottom of the playlist... Frustrated I made the switched now almost two years ago to Guvera and I'd recommend the switch. With Guvera you can choose which songs you want to listen to, so you wont need to do any of that miscellaneous stuff that Nex suggested for you smartphone & tablet users, just to skip tracks or to search an artist and just listen to one bloody song from them. And heres a smart tip, I tend to just Download which songs you want to listen to the app, then I switch my WiFi off on my iPhone so I don't get the ads... As far as the Apple World goes, Guvera's the best choice which I've found so far for allowing me to play what I want when I want in the order I want for free.

Edited by jasecon

Yeah, you have to get a subscription to get Spotify to choose whatever song you want on a phone. You can choose songs on the tablet and desktop versions, though. I've never heard of Guvera, before, though.

For most people who just want to listen to music like in the case of Pandora, this isn't a feature that's very missed. I personally like to keep playlists for things like car trips or parties so I'm guaranteed to like every song, meaning I won't have to change songs.

Am I the only who uses Foobar2000 for everything related to playing audio files?

Hard to discover new music when you're only listening to your own stuff.

Daywu likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.          

Hard to discover new music when you're only listening to your own stuff.

I think the theory is that not everyone wants an app to spoon-feed them new music; looking up bands on Wikipedia and then looking up some of their songs on Youtube is much simpler.

Umh7x1l.gif

...looking up bands on Wikipedia and then looking up some of their songs on Youtube is much simpler.

and even fewer people would want to do that. =p

No you don't understand. I was saying that's what some people choose to do instead of using Spotify or other similar programs.

Umh7x1l.gif

I just don't agree that it's much simpler to find new bands and songs that way. I guess you can go through the related videos section on YouTube for songs you already like, but having a taste profile on program like this is way more efficient ..and automatic.

looking up bands on Wikipedia and then looking up some of their songs on Youtube is much simpler.

I actually didn't know people did this.

Lots of people mainly just want to listen to music. There is a convenience of specifying a genre or similar artist rather than finding every single track you want to listen to. Both Spotify and Pandora do this. I haven't tried Pandora, so I could not say which one does it better. Being able to listen to your favorite songs is nice, but listening to the same songs over and over sucks, even if it is your favorite.

Tucker933 and jasecon like this