Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Spotify

26 posts in this topic

having a taste profile on program like this is way more efficient ..and automatic.

That's the point. People like me hate having everything done for us. I want to pick things out for myself and have all the information available to me like it is on Wikipedia or discography info sites. Plus, everything like Spotify is now trying to get you to integrate all your accounts with social media, which I will never do.

I actually didn't know people did this.

Lots of people mainly just want to listen to music. There is a convenience of specifying a genre or similar artist rather than finding every single track you want to listen to. Both Spotify and Pandora do this. I haven't tried Pandora, so I could not say which one does it better. Being able to listen to your favorite songs is nice, but listening to the same songs over and over sucks, even if it is your favorite.

That's not what I do to listen to music, it's what I do to see if I like a band. Once I decide I like them, I download the albums I want of theirs. Then if I decide they're one of my favorites, I buy the CDs to contribute to them. Also, you can look up by genre on Wikipedia.

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

Tiddy-bits:

That's not what I do to listen to music, it's what I do to see if I like a band. Once I decide I like them, I download the albums I want of theirs. Then if I decide they're one of my favorites, I buy the CDs to contribute to them.

I don't pirate, unless you mean by listening to them before buying them legally?

Also, you can look up by genre on Wikipedia.

Yes, but you can't listen to music on Wikipedia, nor does it give you similar artists. I can understand you using it for something different than how I use it, but I just listen to music just to listen to music.

I only buy albums that make it to my favorites. I download the albums I like before deciding whether or not to buy them. I don't buy music that I sorta like, but I do keep it. It isn't a big deal because they aren't losing a sale - if an album is one of my favorites and I like the band, I'm going to buy it. And if the album isn't one of my favorites, I wouldn't have bought it even if I couldn't download it anywhere.

I just like having all the music I like local to my machine instead of relying on some remote service, that's the second half of why I don't use Spotify much.

Edited by TCK
xvii likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

I just select a specific genre on Spotify and let it choose the songs for me. If I like that song from that artist then I go listen to more songs from them. If I decide I like them I would download/star the music that I like from them. That's just how I introduce myself to new and more music. 

Kavawuvi and Takka like this

Image result for kimi no na gif

I like having physical media and so I find Rasputin in the Bay Area to be my source of music.

I download all my music and put it in iTunes. I tried Spotify for a while but it didn't take long for me to go back to my old ways.

Edited by Caesar

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0