Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Spotify

26 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I use Spotify but I use Youtube more.

That said, all my favorite music is on my HDD and CDs.

Umh7x1l.gif

Local audio files > Streaming service :v

Local audio files will give you much better quality music because it doesn't have to be streamed per play (Spotify Free gives you a decent 160kbps bitrate which won't bother most people, but lossless + good headphones is unparalleled), and you don't have to worry about DRM because you can convert audio files to any format you want, but it's sadly not an option for everyone.

Interesting note for Android users (unsure for iOS):

If you have a rooted Android with XPosed installed, you can force Spotify to use Tablet Mode and get a lot more functionality out of the app that way, such as individual track and playlist selections.

Obviously use at own risk. I did it once without issue, but not from this guide. I think I just grabbed the tablet metrics from the XPosed download section, although it may not be there if it is classified as a "hack", like Pandora Patcher. I doubt it though, since you aren't really modifying the application itself, just making it think it's on a tablet rather than a phone...

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-how-to-use-spotify-with-tablet-mode-unlimited-skips-and-song-selection-on-your-smartphone.11263/

Kavawuvi likes this

KsqHutE.png

I would recommend using Google play music, personally. It's what I've been using for a while now and I'm pretty happy, just wish they would have a desktop app. Plus it comes with YouTube Red free, so cool.

Edited by MEGASEAN2812
Takka and Kavawuvi like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0