What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Windows 10 Secretly Tried To Install Itself On Computers

26 posts in this topic

Get a better computer.

Windows 10 was advertised to have the same requirements as Windows 7. You shouldn't need a better computer if you're installing Windows 10 on a computer that can run Windows 7, unless Microsoft failed to mention other requirements (which would NOT surprise me).

If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 on your PC or tablet, here’s the minimum hardware you’ll need.

Processor:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC

RAM:

1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit

Hard disk space:

16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS

Graphics card:

DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver

Display:

800x600

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications#sysreqs

If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/system-requirements

Also, most people won't really even need to care about meeting these specifications unless, for whatever reason, they're still using Windows XP or something even older. What gets me is that they're still supporting 32-bit desktops.

He was talking about data collecting and it sounds like you are mad at Win10 like everyone else lol

Not really. There are a lot of nice things in Windows 10 that's been improved over Windows 7.

POQDavid likes this

Tiddy-bits:

Not really. There are a lot of nice things in Windows 10 that's been improved over Windows 7.

lol ok but it sounded like that and i know what you say i have windows 10 right now and i don't have any problem with it.

for the record windows 7 used to upload and download data all the time with no warning since my network is using dataplan and i monitor my connection using NetLimiter all the time and i had to block a service from windows to prevent it downloading and uploading in win7, i say now we got a option to turn it off lol

L_HQGtwlN3Kqcxib.jpg

poqdavid.png

I'm just waiting for a generation to finally say as a majority, "hey wait, maybe I don't want software that by default sends my data to a company, or a CPU that uses backdoored firmware."

Until then, we're stuck with these huge companies as our only viable options, meaning they can get away with basically whatever they want as long as they have at least a flimsy excuse every time. ("Oh it's a bug, guys, haha. It's just a prank, bro!")

POQDavid, WaeV and Kavawuvi like this

Umh7x1l.gif

But that's the thing, it worked flawlessly on mine for months

, then didn't. Might have been a duff update or something?

POQDavid likes this

8269120180172123489.png

I'm just waiting for a generation to finally say as a majority, "hey wait, maybe I don't want software that by default sends my data to a company, or a CPU that uses backdoored firmware."

Until then, we're stuck with these huge companies as our only viable options, meaning they can get away with basically whatever they want as long as they have at least a flimsy excuse every time. ("Oh it's a bug, guys, haha. It's just a prank, bro!")

Libreboot X200 circlejerk moment 6c3353c0e54c3901.gif

Weps, TCK, POQDavid and 1 other like this

But that's the thing, it worked flawlessly on mine for months

, then didn't. Might have been a duff update or something?

BSOD is hardware a lot more often than it's software, in my experience. Are you sure your drive wasn't having problems that were fixed with a reformat?

POQDavid and WaeV like this

Umh7x1l.gif

Very possibly mate yes, I was wondering if it was a driver update that initially buggered it all up? I was in the middle of a game of Planetside when it died.

POQDavid likes this

8269120180172123489.png

Ah well it's clear Microsoft likes everyone to use Windows 10 then they wont have to update other OSs and they can focus on Windows 10

well everyone says that Windows 10 got lots spying and stuffs but they don't notice that those data will be used to make win10 better and also they wont have to buy those upgrades

Then MS can do without those possible users, I for one won't be upgrading. I didn't like Win8/8.1 and I don't like Win10. If MS is going to force it, I'll just migrate what systems I have left using Windows, to Linux. 

What MS does with the data isn't the point, it's the mass invasion of privacy. The NSA collects mass data, but states that it only uses what it finds to track and monitor terrorists, but I certainly don't want my data collected, regardless of how many good intentions the road is paved with along the way.

Lets also not forget CISA, which encourages companies that have collected data on it's users/customers to share it open ended with the government, because that's always a good thing.

BSOD is hardware a lot more often than it's software, in my experience. Are you sure your drive wasn't having problems that were fixed with a reformat?

Specifically it's hardware drivers.

6a0120a85dcdae970b0120a86db3ea970b-pi.pn

Since we switched away from Windows 95/98/ME and onward to NT/2000/XP, applications can crash without bringing down the whole system. Only a kernel or driver crash will cause a bluescreen. And it's usually the drivers.

This was part of why Vista was so poorly received, whereas Windows 7 had a much better reception. Vista changed the way drivers are written, and developers weren't used to the new model. Crashes galore. By the time 7 launched, the drivers were in much better shape. Windows 7 isn't all that different from Vista, it's just that the third-party ecosystem had stabilized a bit.

Skeezix the Cat and POQDavid like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0