Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Grenade Capacity

14 posts in this topic

This script allows you to change the grenade capacity of maps depending on map type and game variant name. Setting the initial grenades values of a map will also bypass that map's scenario tag's starting equipment settings (i.e. Plasma or No Grenades), like on Blood Gulch on a non-CTF gametype.

Download (SAPP): grenade_capacity.lua

WaeV likes this

Tiddy-bits:

Lol

This script allows you to change the grenade capacity of maps depending on map type and game variant name. Setting the initial grenades values of a map will also bypass that map's scenario tag's starting equipment settings (i.e. Plasma or No Grenades), like on Blood Gulch on a non-CTF gametype.

Download (SAPP): attachicon.gifgrenade_capacity.lua

Why'd you edit your post? No offense intended :P

I've installed this script inside the sapp/lua folder, but it's not working.. hopefully I'm doing this right ?

1. Placed this inside the sapp init file

lua 1
lua_load grenade_capacity.lua
2. Edited the lua file as follows:
GRENADES_OVERRIDES = {
    ["ratrace"] = {
        ["shotguns"] = {
            ["maximum"] = {2,0},
            ["initial"] = {2,0}
        },
        ["melee"] = {
            ["maximum"] = {0,0},
            ["initial"] = {0,0}
        }
    },
    ["beavercreek"] = {
        ["shotguns"] = {
            ["maximum"] = {2,0},
            ["initial"] = {2,0}
        }
    },
}
Am I missing something else ? Any help appreciated, cheers  :)

lua 1
lua_load grenade_capacity.lua

Hello and welcome to Open Carnage. You're not supposed to put ".lua" in lua_load. Just put "lua_load grenade_capacity".

Nice script, I already got the result I wanted (4-frag starts) via the event system 'event_spawn nades $n 4 0' or something like that, but I can see how this can be useful if you want to limit grenade capacity.

Thx for that and the warm welcome.. it's working now - great script too, so many thx for that :)

This is all new for me, so a good tutorial on using sapp etc would be great - I have the 1.4 manual, but there seems to be more added to sapp since then, but no detailed info on how to set things up + what info goes into which file etc etc.. a noobs guide would be a great help !

Also re. stunt_man's last post - how can I use events to limit the number of frag pickups ie. number available and also the times between spawns ? I'm trying to cut down on spam naders on small maps.. ratrace, creek etc.

Thx again

Got that thx. But nvm, I figured to edit the map with HMT for the frag spawn times etc.. all working good now :)

Thx again.

Got that thx. But nvm, I figured to edit the map with HMT for the frag spawn times etc.. all working good now :)

Thx again.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that won't sync, right?

NeX likes this

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that won't sync, right?

It will as its part of the server's scenario starting equipment which affects the bipeds and those do sync. It's a nasty was to do it, and scripting it or using SAPP events is a much better solution

KsqHutE.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0