What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wolf Demon

About to cannibalize a bunch of external harddrives

22 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I found this old 320GB My Book hard drive laying around that my dad bought in 2005-ish. 320GB was a lot back then, so it cost a whole $300. My dad wanted me to throw it out before we moved in 2008, but I never got to it. Since nobody has used it in over 7 years, I opened it up.

RBlQrB4.jpg

DlHednY.jpg

I'd open it up further if I had one of those hexagon screwdrivers. Too bad I don't. This thing is heavy, so there's probably a lot of cool stuff inside of it. :/

I'd open it up further if I had one of those hexagon screwdrivers. Too bad I don't. This thing is heavy, so there's probably a lot of cool stuff inside of it. :/

If you apply a lot of force, you can open it with a slot screwdriver, too. The screwdriver might wear out though.

In it you'll probably find a pair of really strong magnets, the reading head and a small tower with the storage disks + an electric motor at its bottom.

If you apply a lot of force, you can open it with a slot screwdriver, too. The screwdriver might wear out though.

In it you'll probably find a pair of really strong magnets, the reading head and a small tower with the storage disks + an electric motor at its bottom.

Probably not worth it if it means breaking a screwdriver. :(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0