What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MetalHeadSpartan

IMO: Why I think Halo 5 will be an Amazing Halo game

43 posts in this topic

There are no S2s left except Chief I'm pretty sure, after Reach fell and the other one died of his wounds onboard POA. That's why they aren't getting the upgrade. Right? If they do have S2 veterans and just intentionally left S2s in their old armor, then yeah I'd definitely call it a new-fan circlejerk, lol.

S2's got the GEN-2 and yes there are S2's still alive

ahem Fred,Kelly,Linda,John Jerome,Douglas, Alice, Naomi,

I also think Grey team is still alive and are just in Black Ops type operations so they're status isn't public

There are a lot of Surviving Spartan ll's

Tiddy-bits:

Ah makes sense. I'd never read the books, just played the games and read the wiki. I'll have to watch all the trailers in order to understand what 343 is trying to set up I guess. Blue Team is helping Chief on his rogue mission or something?

Umh7x1l.gif

S2's got the GEN-2 and yes there are S2's still alive

ahem Fred,Kelly,Linda,John Jerome,Douglas, Alice, Naomi,

I also think Grey team is still alive and are just in Black Ops type operations so they're status isn't public

There are a lot of Surviving Spartan ll's

Jerome, Douglas, and Alice cannot be counted as alive in good conscience.  They are some of the few genuinely MIA Spartans; the Spirit of Fire has been gone for something around three decades and is presumed lost with all hands.

Edited by Tiamat7200

ZFkXnuW.png External link

Jerome, Douglas, and Alice cannot be counted as alive in good conscience.  They are some of the few genuinely MIA Spartans; the Spirit of Fire has been gone for something around three decades and is presumed lost with all hands.

Halo Wars 2 buddy Halo wars 2...

Skeezix the Cat likes this

One thing I forgot to mention that bothered me about the trailer: random ground-pound attacks that have splash aoe? I hate those even in games where it makes sense. How does that make sense in Halo at all?

Umh7x1l.gif

One thing I forgot to mention that bothered me about the trailer: random ground-pound attacks that have splash aoe? I hate those even in games where it makes sense. How does that make sense in Halo at all?

I'm no Kinesiologist but a 1,000 Pound Super Human being propelled into the ground with a Thruster boost should be able to create a mild shockwave!

I think it was just the S2s that got that heavy right?

Anyway I don't think they would... I mean cars drive off bridges or overpasses sometimes and you never hear about the damage caused by the shockwaves.

Umh7x1l.gif

There's nothing that will ever convince me that Halo 5 will be a good Halo game. I played the beta and, at its core, it doesn't feel anywhere near similar to a Halo multiplayer experience. In fact, I'm willing to go as far as saying Destiny felt more like a Halo game than Halo 5 did.

Am I saying it'll be a bad game? No. I'm just saying that it won't be a Halo game. It's just not there anymore for me.

Takka and Tiamat like this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

I think it was just the S2s that got that heavy right?

Anyway I don't think they would... I mean cars drive off bridges or overpasses sometimes and you never hear about the damage caused by the shockwaves.

Spartan-IIs wearing Mark V MJOLNIR armor weigh in the region of 1k-1.2k lbs.  Mark IV is lighter, so let's cut that down to 800-1k lbs.  GEN2?  Well, considering how fuckhueg S-IIs are it'll still be a lot of armor weight, so let's safely say they're around 700-800 lbs.

S-IVs?  Somewhere around 500 lbs.  And by the way, a human impacting the ground at terminal velocity, even covered in heavy armor, wouldn't cause a larger shockwave than enough to maybe make someone stagger.  If they were standing less then ten feet away, and that's stretching it a bit.  I greatly doubt the minimal distance the thrusters have to work with can generate anything near terminal velocity.

ZFkXnuW.png External link

So yep, what I figured.

By the way, did you mean to say Mark IV (4) is lighter or that Mark VI (6) is lighter than Mark V?

Umh7x1l.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0