What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCK

Need stormtrooper dialogue

14 posts in this topic

I've been looking for .wav files (or any common sound format) of the stormtroopers' battle dialogue in Battlefront and/or Battlefront 2. Can't seem to find any. The modding community seems content to leave them in the game files because they can already use them the way they are.

So if anyone knows, I'd love to have 'em. I'm not really interested in their lines from the movies.

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

Tiddy-bits:

Nah I know almost every quote. That's why I want the files so bad, haha.

"I want those rebels dead."

"They're trying to ficus!" (Obviously "flank us" but am I the only one who always heard "ficus?")

"We need more troopers like you!"

Umh7x1l.gif

Yeah that's what I was referring to:

The modding community seems content to leave them in the game files because they can already use them the way they are.

It's an engine-specific package; and from the modding tool official tutorials, the game packages are "munged" which I'd assume means irretrievable anyway except by some special know-how.

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

Yeah. At the moment I'm settling for what might be a better option anyway, stormtrooper dialogue from Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, which is in free .wav form.

Now time to see how you're supposed to get Halo to accept .wav files for new sound tags. I'm trying to make a small map for fun, so I can at least have something finished for once, and I thought it'd be cool if the ODSTs had stormtrooper dialogue. It fits surprisingly well.

"Visual scan reveals nothing; if you want more, send someone with thermal. Out. Stupid officers. How bout you put on this armor and try to see out of this damn helmet."

Edited by TCK
WaeV likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

Now time to see how you're supposed to get Halo to accept .wav files for new sound tags. I'm trying to make a small map for fun, so I can at least have something finished for once, and I thought it'd be cool if the ODSTs had stormtrooper dialogue. It fits surprisingly well.

IIRC there's a very particular encoding you're suppose to use. Pepsi has a tutorial somewhere.

HEK might be easier. I remember injecting audio with PC tools was a massive pain. Eschaton bailed, and HMT was obtuse about it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0