What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MetalHeadSpartan

The Master Chief is dead?!?!

52 posts in this topic

I mean even story aside, the game was poorly made except for the highly detailed geometry. The sounds were such horseshit that I wanted to quit as soon as I jumped in a warthog.

The effects made me groan at how cheap they looked, as if they were trying to make it a cartoon (the pulse grenades, for one; and the explosions when phantoms blow up aren't even as big as the phantom, yet the phantom very obviously disappears right before the explosion). It just made me wonder how a 2012 game had worse effects than a 2007 game (the explosions in H3 were mindblowing). Even the explosions in H2 looked better, as in they fit what was happening, even if they weren't as high-res.

The writing and vocals at some points sounded fine, like a movie; a lot of it, though, sounded like it was written specifically trying to give goosebumps to a 10 year-old; not to mention that everything is spelled out for you and you get pandered to.

The whole thing sounds like they were trying to move it down a generation, really; so they can sell a bunch more to gamers that don't care about the original stuff.

I defended H4 when it first came out because I was like, "yeah, well they got some stuff wrong because it's their first try but they're really trying." Then after some time went on, and they pulled shit like this over and over, I realized they weren't trying at all and just wanted to turn Halo into their own cashgrab game.

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

Tiddy-bits:

343 and Bungie (starting with Halo: Reach) had contradicted and rewritten much of the previously established story. It's like they're just writing a fan fic in another Universe.

Nothing that happened in Reach was even close to how it went down in Fall of Reach and First Strike, which were two books commissioned by Bungie at the time Halo 1 was coming out. It wasn't some independent writing; it was all very coordinated with the game writing to remain consistent and offer a legitimate backstory, much like 343 is doing now with their alternate Universe. Additionally, the Spartan III program was barely in its infancy when Reach was invaded, which they certainly weren't involved with, definitely didn't have anything like the outfitting used in the game, and were never trained to act as squad. Spartan III's were mass-produced, cheap, and very disposable, with no bulky armor or energy shields. 343 continued that tradition to rewrite the entire backstory Bungie had established for the Forerunners, aside from retaining the names of a couple characters. It would be a little more forgivable if such changes made the story more interesting than the original, but that's really nowhere near the case, especially with the ridiculous melodramatic trend, making it more like a sci-fi soap opera.

The original backstories were much more grand, intelligent, and fun. I understand why Bungie couldn't adhere to it if they were going to make a game based on Reach, because the original story didn't make for a very interesting ground-based campaign, but 343 didn't have a good reason to rewrite their share of the Universe.

I get what you're saying but don't you know that Bungie where the culprits for the debacle of Halo Reach and the Fall of Reach

BUT those incosistencies where not really inconsistencies if you bought the Halo Reach legendary edition you got Dr.Halseys data drops which bascially explained

a lot of things like the spartan ll's being on reach the Cortana fragment given to Noble.etc

Not to mention 343 fixed WAY more incosistencies that where made by bungie with The Fall of Reach DEFINITIVE EDITION they added extra material fixed spelling and Canon based errors...

and No 343 DID NOT rewrite anything in Halo they ADDED to it there is no such thing as an ALTERNATE halo universe the EU is all connected it all fits perfectly to the grand scheme of Halo

and before you say they rewrote Forerunner history in reality they just added to it and i'ts all explained perfectly! Personally IMO the Forerunner trilogy is the most in depth story in the Halo universe it has tons of new lore and feels as if it was set in an entirely new universe! Right now the direction that Halo is going is INSANE! the state of the halo universe post halo 3 is crazy in a good way!

Bungie could had destroyed Halo canon with reach I mean they made Halo 3 the last halo in the timeline they never planned to continue it hence since they where currently at that time starting anew with Destiny

A good way to gain an appreciation of the Halo universe is to visit Haruspis Blog

https://haruspis.wordpress.com/

You will not regret it!

Edited by MetalHeadSpartan

don't you know that Bungie where the culprits for the debacle of Halo Reach and the Fall of Reach

That's exactly what we've been saying.

Those incosistencies where not really inconsistencies if you bought the Halo Reach legendary edition you got Dr.Halseys data drops which bascially explained a lot of things like the spartan ll's being on reach the Cortana fragment given to Noble.etc

Cortana was not on Reach at the time of the invasion. She arrived with the Master Chief on a captured Covenant Flagship after the events of Halo 1, when the Human military presence on Reach was long gone. In fact, the PoA left Reach right at the start of the invasion, and was also never rated for or used in atmosphere (until crashing on Halo 1).

The Spartan III's were never on Reach, and Halsey was not even aware of the Spartan III program until days after Reach had fallen, when she arrived at Onyx. The Covenant fleet also showed up all at once with full force, and did not make initial landfall by means of cloaked ships. The generators for the orbital MAC's were their initial focus.

You're also still missing the fact that the Spartan III's in the game were terribly inaccurate, and might as well have just been Spartan II's with a bit of an attitude.

Not to mention 343 fixed WAY more incosistencies that where made by bungie with The Fall of Reach DEFINITIVE EDITION they added extra material fixed spelling and Canon based errors...

and No 343 DID NOT rewrite anything in Halo they ADDED to it there is no such thing as an ALTERNATE halo universe the EU is all connected it all fits perfectly to the grand scheme of Halo

and before you say they rewrote Forerunner history in reality they just added to it and i'ts all explained perfectly! Personally IMO the Forerunner trilogy is the most in depth story in the Halo universe it has tons of new lore and feels as if it was set in an entirely new universe! Right now the direction that Halo is going is INSANE! the state of the halo universe post halo 3 is crazy in a good way!

I recommend that you read up on at least some of the books prior to 343's involvement, because you really can't comment on how the current canon agrees with the original backstory unless you know the original backstory.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

the state of the halo universe post halo 3 is crazy in a good way!

Even if you were right about that, what does the story matter when the games are poorly made?

Umh7x1l.gif

That's exactly what we've been saying.

Cortana was not on Reach at the time of the invasion. She arrived with the Master Chief on a captured Covenant Flagship after the events of Halo 1, when the Human military presence on Reach was long gone. In fact, the PoA left Reach right at the start of the invasion, and was also never rated for or used in atmosphere (until crashing on Halo 1).

The Spartan III's were never on Reach, and Halsey was not even aware of the Spartan III program until days after Reach had fallen, when she arrived at Onyx. The Covenant fleet also showed up all at once with full force, and did not make initial landfall by means of cloaked ships. The generators for the orbital MAC's were their initial focus.

You're also still missing the fact that the Spartan III's in the game were terribly inaccurate, and might as well have just been Spartan II's with a bit of an attitude.

I recommend that you read up on at least some of the books prior to 343's involvement, because you really can't comment on how the current canon agrees with the original backstory unless you know the original backstory.

*sigh* I already Read! the Fall of Reach,First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx, Cole Protocol, Contact Harvest and! a bunch others from the good ol Bungie days!

Yes yes I know Cortana WAS not on reach during the events of the Halo:Reach in the Dr.Halsey journal we learn that the piece is merely just a Fragment or something along those lines

AND yes spartan lll's are the CHEAP Suicide spartans I know that I read Ghosts of Onyx bro and Dr.Halsey in her journal goes over her suspicions on the lll's 

The Covenant that was on LAND was another entire fleet but due to Communications being cut out in literally the first mission of Halo: Reach called Winter Contingency... okay you know what this is getting to complicated to put in text Just please watch this video instead lol it will save me and you time! while it doesn't satisfy all of us it does clear up ALOT of things like I said it uses a lot of sources like the Journal, ONI drops,Waypoint website,Reach Radio conversations from the definitive edition.etc

There is still alot of inconsistencies that will hopefully be fixed in the future like the Pillar of Autumn being in Dry dock

Or the Beginning of First strike the Spartan lll's Dr.Halsey.etc

And just in case you didn't know 343 are producing an Animated series based on the Fall of Reach let's hope that clears up the rest of the problems

Edited by MetalHeadSpartan

All you people are awful because Halo 3 was trash and Halo Reach was the pinnacle of the series.

That said, I don't play multiplayer because fuck all you 12 year olds. Get a job and see how much better you are then.

Halo Reach's campaign was a masterpiece, only game I've ever played where I felt real emotions. I fought my ass off to save Reach, knowing the whole time there was nothing I could do to change the story.

And then the ending, oh god that ending. Incredible.

Skeezix the Cat and Calypso like this

There is still alot of inconsistencies that will hopefully be fixed in the future like the Pillar of Autumn being in Dry dock

Or the Beginning of First strike the Spartan lll's Dr.Halsey.etc

These inconsistencies are pretty much everything I've been going on about.. but I do accept that explanation in regards to initial landfall, thanks.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I don't play multiplayer because fuck all you 12 year olds. Get a job and see how much better you are then.

I have a well paying job and I still kick ass. *shrugs*
Skeezix the Cat, Kavawuvi and Takka like this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0