What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShikuTeshi

Halo Trial (Windows) + Tools Download

Tiddy-bits:

That's pretty cool. Good on you for centralizing a long-dead platform. I remember when Trial was all I had, on a PC that couldn't even render shaders. Everything was white except bipeds and weapons :P

ShikuTeshi, Kavawuvi and WaeV like this

KsqHutE.png

That's pretty cool. Good on you for centralizing a long-dead platform. I remember when Trial was all I had, on a PC that couldn't even render shaders. Everything was white except bipeds and weapons :P

Same for me a long time ago.

NeX likes this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

I remember when I would still used it even when I had the full version of Halo. Hell, there was even a program for converting full version and CE maps to demo/trial. I remember when we got Edit Gametypes to work, too (it's disabled in the demo).

Oh, the Mac version had a program that switched gametypes in/out, without having to restart the game or do anything special like only being able to switch it when selecting a gametype. I might be able to write something like this for Halo Trial, if anyone was ever interested in it. I guess it could be modified to list other gametypes, too...

Just so you know, Eschaton works on demo maps, too...

Ah. Bloodgulch on Halo Trial.

I remember on Trial way back in the day you couldn't rebuild with HMT, so....Phenomena? Yeah it was phen.....he released a map that had almost everything from Cartographer prebuilt into a trial version Bloodgulch.

There was the Trial HMT out there that Phen made his map with, but you couldn't find a link.  Back then the hardest part of modding was finding someone willing to share the tools. It's still that way today, one of the main reasons the community's died so spectacularly. Everyone's an arrogant dick.

But I digress; This is pretty sweet. Trainer sounds legit, swapping gametypes is cool, and having it all centralized is helpful. Anyone looking to download and play through an old relic will have found a good collection to start with. 

Yeah. Bloodgulch on Halo Trial.

I do miss it.

WaeV likes this

Wanna rip me some animations from H2?

ZTeam are the only ones who have or can still to this day. Xbox H2 at least, not sure about H2V

It's more tags than programs now, but for a bit there were some apps you couldn't have unless you knew the guy. A lot was for "legality" purposes, like being able to edit Trial maps (and add content that wasn't in the Trial version), or ripping content from newer games or whathaveyou.

Edited by DeadHamster
NeX likes this

Yeah i get what you mean now. ShadowSpartan still is the only one with a lot of tools to extract CEA content. Not sure what the point of making something and sitting on it is, reminds me of a literary dragon on its hoard of useless treasure

KsqHutE.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0