What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
giraffe

Baby survives after drinking vodka in formula

12 posts in this topic

144183852352946.jpg

A 6-week-old girl in Wisconsin who was mistakenly given baby formula mixed with two shots of vodka was expected to be released from a hospital on Wednesday, police said.

The baby had a blood alcohol level of 0.294, more than three times the legal limit for an adult driver, after receiving the vodka-tainted formula on Monday night, Kenosha police spokesman Bradley Hetlet said.

Hetlet said investigators believe it was a mistake and the girl's parents will not be charged for the alcohol incident. Her father was charged separately for altercations that ensued after the girl began to suffer from the alcohol, he said.

Hetlet said the girl's mother told police she filled a container with water to be used for the baby's bottle, set it on a kitchen counter and left the room. The girl's father entered the kitchen, emptied the container and filled it with vodka, intending to take the water bottle to a friend's home.

When the mother returned to the kitchen, she mixed about two ounces of the liquid with baby formula and fed her baby, Hetlet said. The parents realized the error when the child began acting abnormally, he said.

"Then the blame game started," he said.

Several fights ensued between the girl's 22-year-old father and her mother, family members and police as rescue workers arrived and then rushed the baby to a hospital, Hetlet said.

Source

Tiddy-bits:

I hope that baby isn't messed up now. I'm sure a good amount of alcohol like that could kill some brain cells.

xgd0s9.jpg

How the fuck do you not smell it? You want to tell me you open a bottle of what now contains pure vodka (which is usually more viscous than water if cold), and you aren't going to smell the alcohol? 

KsqHutE.png

How the fuck do you not smell it? You want to tell me you open a bottle of what now contains pure vodka (which is usually more viscous than water if cold), and you aren't going to smell the alcohol?

being a responsible parent is hard

giraffe likes this

being a responsible parent is hard

Well, I'm not a parent, so I can't really comment on that lol

All I can say is that if it's really that hard, maybe there should be qualifications other than a pulse...

DiSiAC likes this

KsqHutE.png

Well, I'm not a parent, so I can't really comment on that lol

All I can say is that if it's really that hard, maybe there should be qualifications other than a pulse...

i'm just saying, they don't seem to be responsible even as far as young parents go. the fact that not only could the mother not smell the pure vodka in the bottle but the fact that the father was going to some sort of party with a water bottle full of pure vodka. maybe it isn't fair to criticize but they don't strike me as being the most aware parents. i've heard worse though

NeX likes this

I'm not defending these two, but depending on the vodka, it may not have a strong odor, some vodka distillers pride themselves on that.

I'm a parent and I've had alcohol in my home...in clearly marked containers, stored securely in the fridge. It's rare we have hard liquor, it's normally hard ciders or malts.

This is clearly a case irresponsibility, on both parties involved.

Now, as far as "bad parents", this actually on the upper side of the scale. I've heard and seen things that'd make you weep uncontrollably and feel like you'd been gut checked by a horse kick.

NeX likes this

I'm not defending these two, but depending on the vodka, it may not have a strong odor, some vodka distillers pride themselves on that.

I'm a parent and I've had alcohol in my home...in clearly marked containers, stored securely in the fridge. It's rare we have hard liquor, it's normally hard ciders or malts.

This is clearly a case irresponsibility, on both parties involved.

Now, as far as "bad parents", this actually on the upper side of the scale. I've heard and seen things that'd make you weep uncontrollably and feel like you'd been gut checked by a horse kick.

You're definitely right, there are always "worse" cases, like parents drowning or even microwaving children, but I wasn't making a general statement about irresponsible parents on the whole as much as specifically about these asshats.

KsqHutE.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0