What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Who are you voting for in the US 2016 Presidential Election?

126 posts in this topic

Anyone changed their mind on which candidate is their favorite?

Democrats: Now that I know who O'Malley is, I really like him. He's very well-spoken during the debates -- perhaps because he doesn't get as much time to speak as the other two candidates, so makes sure that his answers count?

My favorite answer from O'Malley was when the debate moderators asked "what would your spouse do as First Lady/Husband"? Hillary was flustered, Bernie gave a standard "uh, I guess she'll live with me" answer. O'Malley said "Well, that’ll be totally up to her," pointing out that his wife has a successful career as a judge in Maryland -- it would be up to her whether to continue her career or move to DC.

I don't think O'Malley has a good chance of becoming the nominee, but perhaps he'll end up as the running mate for Clinton or Sanders?

Republicans: Glad to see Rand Paul is back in the "big league" debates. Also, the debate on Friday was way higher quality thanks to the absence of Trump, who I pessimistically think will get the nomination anyways.

I'm surprisingly okay with Jeb Bush. He's a status-quo candidate, but at least he's trying to dampen the fear-based rhetoric against immigrants/ISIS, two unrelated topics that most other GOP candidates seem to think are intertwined:

As I said before, we are a land of immigrants, but we have to be intelligent about the way that we form our immigration policies, and that's one of the reasons that I have called on us to declare war on the Islamic State because we need to reorient our immigration policies and our visa policies for people who are coming into this country because there are many people out there who want to destroy us.

Actually, Carson had a lot of hilarious lines:

Putin is a one- horse country: oil and energy.

Seventy percent of our population lives by the coast. What about hydroelectric power?

Tiddy-bits:

It will most likely be Sanders even though I more identify with Huckabee. Huckabee is a moron though when it comes to abortion rights and marijuana legalization. I usually vote who would be better for this country not for who I align with most....

qLaaeEJ.png

I'm leaning towards Bernie Sanders myself. I wouldn't trust Hillary Clinton and the Republican party has been hijacked by the Tea Party.

I don't trust anyone at this point. This whole election is like a circus.

Iggy, Weps and swamp like this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

Sanders closed Iowa within 1% of Hillary, so the media won't be able call it a solid Clinton win.  :P  Sanders should nail NH for sure.

Also, glad to see Rand made a surprisingly good showing.

Solaris likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0