What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daywu

Can Any of You Solve this Problem?

39 posts in this topic

Algebra teachers enjoy torturing children by repeatedly attacking their self-esteem.

yea especially in college like literally i be stumbling to a fucking math problem and forgetting of whether it is this way or the other way. just bc of the way the problem is written

Image result for kimi no na gif

Tiddy-bits:

Algebra teachers enjoy torturing children by repeatedly attacking their self-esteem.

sounds like you had real shit teachers. i never had a problem with mean or unreasonable math teachers and my mom teaches alg2 and she's a real nice lady

sounds like you had real shit teachers. i never had a problem with mean or unreasonable math teachers and my mom teaches alg2 and she's a real nice lady

I was only joking, though I did have some bad teachers when I went to school.

My 1st grade teacher was a total bitch. She gave me a detention because my desk was messy. She also would snap at my parents whenever they would speak with her. I ended up leaving that elementary school.

Most of my teachers were nice in the rest of elementary (2nd through 6th grade), but the choir teacher was a real phony AND you had to take her classes all through 6th grade. Not only was she incompetent (is coloring in a picture of a LP record or a picture of a music note in 5th grade really learning anything about music?), but she would be nice in front of your parents, but was the opposite to her students. In teacher conferences, someone saw her acting real nice and lollipop to the parents, but extremely cruel to the students. She retired, but I don't care.

In one of the high schools I went to, the math teacher didn't really care much about her class. She was pretty good as a teacher in the beginning of the semester, but when the class became rowdy, she didn't do much about it. Oh well.

cmon arent you guys suppose to be tech savvy people? math should be one of your skills.

Being good with technology doesn't equate being good at math.

Skeezix the Cat likes this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

Being good with technology doesn't equate being good at math.

Ye but if you're doing a career that is technology, being good at math is required

There are some people that i am trying to explain this math problem to on FB but they are fucking idiots. They think Multiplication comes before Division no matter what.

Edited by Daywu

Image result for kimi no na gif

I find it really amusing how one math problem can spark this much debate among you... I'm amazed.

Takka and Skeezix the Cat like this

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017

Ye but if you're doing a career that is technology, being good at math is required

There are some people that i am trying to explain this math problem to on FB but they are fucking idiots. They think Multiplication comes before Division no matter what.

Ehhh, I graduated with a Computer Science degree and I haven't used a whole lot of math so far. Usually only required for graphics or physics type implementations. Plus they only required Calc 1&2.

Solaris and Kavawuvi like this

Not really.

Building a computer from scratch doesn't require much math. Most of the work just comes from picking the parts you need, and whether or not they're compatible. You can then turn around and sell this computer, and you can now say that you have a career in technology.

Writing about technology also doesn't always require being good at math (e.g. writing a magazine, editorial, blog, etc.), and people make money from this.

Even writing software doesn't require that the programmer be good at math, especially if the goal of the program doesn't actually require solving a complex math problem. The compiler does the work of making your code into something a CPU can understand, and that's all completely automated. Writing a physics engine for a game may require a strong understanding of mathematics, but writing a program that edits documents or pulls information from an online database does not.

Daywu and Kru like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0