Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aLTis

Forge World

27 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

This was incredible to see, and will surely breathe a big breath of life back into the community.

Out of curiosity, how much of a performance hit would you say this has over most maps? That's a lot of geometry to render, and it looks like those are also the original textures from Reach.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Out of curiosity, how much of a performance hit would you say this has over most maps? That's a lot of geometry to render, and it looks like those are also the original textures from Reach.

This. Very interested in this.

The only reason Forge world was even feasible was because Bungie developed a method to draw distant geometry in an extremely resource-cheap manner. Stock Halo has none of this, and Portalling a level can only do so much.

Regardless; Incredible.

Takka likes this

NeX, aLTis and Takka like this

With over 400 spawned objects I had around 70 fps, which is more than I get in Bigass.

NeX and Samuco like this

08f9474ede.jpg

Wow :o, And i just uninstalled all my modding stuff too. :(

I think it's all contained within the map. Think back to the old crummy asylum and cage maps, where the whole map was just scenery chunks - that's this, but with waaaaaaaaay more versatility, and actually inside a sexy BSP to boot. 

I'm pretty excited to try it out, it looks slick as hell

KsqHutE.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0