What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Syncing biped location

22 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

for some reason that video is taking shitlengths of time to buffer and play for me. YT is fine, speedtest is fine. Is it because it's a direct upload?

KsqHutE.png

for some reason that video is taking shitlengths of time to buffer and play for me. YT is fine, speedtest is fine. Is it because it's a direct upload?

It's a 107mb video, so it's probably maxing your connection.

NeX likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

In any case, it seems like animations are the key to making it look and feel correct. Is that possible/worth it to try to add functionality wise?

KsqHutE.png

Oh GOD that is sexy. MOAR EXPLANUSHUN!

As it is, the only issue I can see for myself is the slight jerkiness I assume is due to latency/updating, but I'm not sure if that's really fixable. What do you think for the future of this style mod? I think this could breathe a really REALLY fresh breath back into the community as a whole, I'd love nothing more than to play some coop with people, especially if getting a regular campaign map ready for this is such a simple process...

Thinking about SPv3, SOI_7's campaign, firefight maps, gurgh. 

002 STAHP. My penis can only get so erect

Takka and WaeV like this

KsqHutE.png

As it is, the only issue I can see for myself is the slight jerkiness I assume is due to latency/updating, but I'm not sure if that's really fixable. What do you think for the future of this style mod? I think this could breathe a really REALLY fresh breath back into the community as a whole, I'd love nothing more than to play some coop with people, especially if getting a regular campaign map ready for this is such a simple process...

Campaign doesn't work so well with this at its present state, due to scripts and stuff. I could probably sync up all of the globals, at best. Firefight, though, would be perfect for this. The Silent Cartographer is a pretty simple campaign map with little scripts and only two BSPs, making it almost perfect for testing this mod.

NeX likes this

So what is the likelihood that this will move out of the proof of concept stage into a real, workable, playable mod? Also, would it be something to integrate into the client for PC or only with MD?

KsqHutE.png

So what is the likelihood that this will move out of the proof of concept stage into a real, workable, playable mod? Also, would it be something to integrate into the client for PC or only with MD?

It should be the same experience on Halo PC as it is on HaloMD, though I need to fix some annoying bugs before I get it out to the public. Objects sometimes get rocketed at calamitous velocities randomly when animations are modified, for example (this is instantly corrected when velocities are sent on the next tick, but it's a huge annoyance nonetheless).

NeX and aLTis like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0