Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeX

Halo: Online Sounds pack

Tiddy-bits:

Cool, I'm going to test it on my map :D

Nice, make sure to post results!

Also, keep in mind that a lot of the sounds that I labeled as weapon firing sounds (primary or even LOD FAR) are going to already be broken into permutations within their respective sound file; that is to say, within the .mp3 file entry_54, which I labelled as "X firing sound", it will be a single long file that contains several iterations and variations on that sound. There may be 5 or 6 different "shots" in that one file, so you'll need to break it apart in Audacity or some other audio editing program and then create a .sound tag from those permutations. 

That being said, it's pretty slick that it's done this way, instead of as individual files, it should make it easier to get it working with perms. It'll also sound much nicer, since most custom sounds in CE don't bother with perms and only offer a single version of the sound, and even the original game sounds are usually limited to 2 or 3 variations on the theme. Most of these are 5-6, some have even more, and at the end there is a big group of "generic" firing sounds, that are all from human or energy based weapons, but aren't clumped with all the other files for those weapons.

In example: the carbine has a "data chunk", where all the sounds from entry_X -> entry_Y are related to that weapon; there will be the scope zoom noises, the firing sounds, LODs for those, flybys, impacts, weapon drop, reload, animations sounds (idle, etc), and some others, until you hit entry_Z which will start something else.

As a general rule it stuck to this pattern. However, there are eerily similar sounds further down that are all clumped together as firing sounds, so you'll see a good chunk of them that I labeled as 

"unknown weapon firing sound (human large caliber)"

or

"unknown weapon firing sound (energy based high tone discharge)"

and such. Some of these are pretty close, so you could have quite the variety of firing sounds for even a single weapon.

I don't always compliment NeX, but when I do

I give him my finest clap.

tumblr_inline_nkbe5dJ8t71qfwhgs.gif

I actually thought about your mod that we were playing a while back - since you're only using a carbine model, but nothing else about it, you might consider grabbing one of the gorgeous firing sounds from this pack, it'd complement the feel quite nicely.

Also, there are some pretty sick and nasty music files that are in there as well. Some as long as about 6 minutes, and they were by far the most enjoyable part of having to sit through ~1,800 sound files :P

I plan on using one in the future, but I'm not so hot at making sound tags. Hopefully people will keep with the spirit of openness in this release and go ahead and release any .sound tags they make with this pack either here or in a new thread (not too much to hope for I suppose!)

Edited by NeX

KsqHutE.png

since you're only using a carbine model, but nothing else about it, you might consider grabbing one of the gorgeous firing sounds from this pack, it'd complement the feel quite nicely.

I actually already have new sounds, I haven't had the time to push an update yet, but I have new sounds for invisibility, carbine and teleporters.

I actually already have new sounds, I haven't had the time to push an update yet, but I have new sounds for invisibility, carbine and teleporters.

I don't remember there being teles, and I hope you got a new skin for the carbine, too :P

KsqHutE.png

I don't remember there being teles, and I hope you got a new skin for the carbine, too :P

There's teles now! And no, no new skin yet, which is why I didn't release an update yet.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0