What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sharon

How many TV's do you have in your place?

31 posts in this topic

We've got two TVs in the apartment.  One is in the living room which the xbox one and the hubby's gaming PC.  The second one is in the bedroom and the PS4 is hooked up to that one.  Both are LG brands but I'm not sure what the specific models are.  We have the cable box in the living room too but we never watch cable.  The only reason why we have it is because it was cheaper to get the package than to have the internet package alone. 

How many TVs do you have in your place?

Tiddy-bits:

2. I use one (32') as my monitor and there's a 50' in the living room for guest appearances.

76561198089807976.png

Four. How many are used on a day-to-day basis? Probably three. Ironically the 62" in the living room doesn't get much use other than the occasional movie or WiiU game.

This is counting the 32" I use as a second display.

My house one in the basement which nobody uses, and one upstairs. They're both hooked up to satellite television, but the one upstairs has the consoles (thus Netflix). They're both 720p. There's also a broken 1080p TV in the garage, which does not power on at all.

If we're talking about displays which can be used for watching any kind of videos, then there are 8 in my home. The upstairs TV, downstairs TV, broken TV, my external monitor, my computer, my tablet, my Raspberry Pi's monitor, and both my Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS Xl.

Red = Cannot view even 720p

Yellow = Can display in at least 720p (HD)

Green = Can display in at least 1080p (Full HD)

1. Upstairs TV (1280 x 720)
    Has the Xbox 360 and Wii U which both have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube, in addition to satellite television. I can also browse the web on either console. I prefer using my laptop for that, though, even though the Wii U's web browser can be accessed while the game is running.

2. Downstairs TV (1280 x 720)
    Has just satellite television.

3. Broken TV (1920 x 1080) 
    Does not power on. It can be used as an easel for painting and drawing, I guess, but I do neither. It makes a very awkward paper weight, too, so it's pretty useless to me. Obviously a broken TV can't display in any resolution, other than 1080p of off.

4. ASUS monitor (1920 x 1080) 
    Plugged into my computer through a DisplayPort-->HDMI adapter. My computer can obviously view YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Twitch, and Amazon Instant Video in the web browser... it also has web browsing.

5. Macbook Air (1366 x 768)
    Same as above, just on my laptop's screen instead of an external monitor. I prefer the larger monitor, as the 11 inch display is pretty small.

6. iPad Mini with Retina Display (2048 x 1536)
    Has YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu installed. Can browse the web. I prefer using a more full-sized computer for this, such as my laptop, but I can lay down in my bed and use a tablet, versus having to sit up with the laptop.

7. Samsung monitor (1024 x 768) 
    Plugged into my Raspberry Pi through a HDMI-->VGA adapter. I could probably watch YouTube and Netflix on this, too, but I don't, because there's no point.

8. Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL ([400*2] x 240 top screen ; 320 x 240 bottom screen) 
    They are grouped together because they have the same software. Both have Netflix on it, I could download Hulu, and at least the New Nintendo 3DS web browser supports YouTube (and 3D YouTube videos hence the 400*2), but 240p is an awful resolution for viewing videos. Obviously they are better with games, not videos.

One 65 inches 4K Seiki UHDTV for Living room, and two 55 inches 4K Seiki UHDTVs for two bedrooms. All UHDTVs does have ChromeCast and CableBox connected.

Edited by Deafboy91
DiSiAC likes this

KlGKKLH.png

System specs: MSI Z390-A PRO with i7-8700K, 16GB RAM and Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

At the moment one in the living room and on in our bedroom, When I have moved I plan on getting another BIG ASS TV for the front room.

8269120180172123489.png

just one. I don't have cable but i got my comcast and my xbox hooked up to it. So i either play games on it or watch youtube videos.

Image result for kimi no na gif

One 65 inches 4K Seiki UHDTV for Living room, and two 55 inches 4K Seiki UHDTVs for two bedrooms. All UHDTVs does have ChromeCast and CableBox connected.

How are those seiki's?   I have been looking at them as a replacement for my mitsubishi in the bedroom as it is on it's way out. 

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0