What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCK

Android launcher recommendations

19 posts in this topic

No persistence? I don't have that problem. And Go launcher is actually one I was referring to as being shit, lol. I can't think of the names, but there were several others that at best made the UI different for the sake of being different and not easier to use. I can think of one that had super cool animations for the app drawer, but I hated the icons and it was laggier than balls as well as a battery drain. Go figure, I guess but still. Most launchers also include annoying utilities that just bloat the device like RAM cleaners and widget managers and widgets and then the damn advertisements.

Yeah, I'm a themes guy. I just checked, and it's a cyanogenmod feature as well as any ROMs based on CM. So pretty much any AOSP ROM is going to have support for these kinds of things. Here is the play store link for dark material if you're interested in seeing what all it changes; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chummy.jezebel.material.dark&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Ddark+material&pcampaignid=APPU_1_NuyYVbTbMoaagwSfh7TwAQ

oVoXWXc.png

Tiddy-bits:

Ah well the reason my father suggested Apex in the first place was because I complained that I couldn't disable some things I considered unnecessary, so it's going in the opposite direction of bloat.

The developer options do stick for you? Are you running 4.4?

And does anyone have the list of devices that run ART well?

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

I'm on 5.1.1 Lollipop.  And ART runs mostly the same between devices, it's the version of Android you're in that makes a difference.  4.4 is Kitkat, which if I recall was the first version that the ART runtime was even included in so it didn't work well with some apps.  But in 5.0+ it's actually the default runtime and Dalvik isn't even an option anymore.

oVoXWXc.png

I just flashed my LG G3 with Cyanogenmod.

I'm currently on CM12 (build off of 5.0) rather than CM12.1 (build off of 5.1.x) because I use a lot of XPosed modules along with Tasker, and XPosed framework isn't supported for 5.1+ yet.

It's a bummer, since I'm stuck on an April nightly build, but it's still a hell of a lot faster than stock lollipop, and less resource intensive as well.

TWRP recovery, too, if that matters.

WaeV likes this

KsqHutE.png

as far as I'm concerned, TWRP is the only recovery that even exists.  Ever since like 2012 it has been my go to recovery because I don't even know what else is out there anymore.

oVoXWXc.png

I wonder why I'm on Android 4.4 and not 5? As far as I know, this phone is still supported for updates, not sure why it wouldn't update to the newest version.

Umh7x1l.gif

Cyanogenmod is supposed to be pretty excellent, but you have to go full hog. (I can't use it on my Verizon Galaxy S5; they lock that shit down hard.) Cyanogen is probably great for older phones that the carriers aren't updating anymore.

I'm using Nova right now, and it's pretty solid.

Well i will post few of them i think you might like one of them and  let me know what do you think about them

• Action Launcher from what i saw it got nice UI and it got both free and piad (about 4$) version.
  • Nova Launcher i have heard about this like long time ago and it's free.
  • Apex Launcher this one got good balance of features and performance.
  • EverythingMe this might not be good as the other launcher but  got a dynamic prediction bar that provides you with a changing set of app shortcuts and bookmarks depending on the place and time of day.
  • Nokia Z Launcher Well you might not want to install a launcher from Nokia but this one got a really plain UI not 100% sure about the features it got.
  • APUS Launcher is a nice, highly customizable launcher that comes with a ton of wallpapers and themes, animations, as well as system tools to customize your phone's UI
  • Smart Launcher this one also got a pro version that it's about 4$ and it provides users with a minimalist homescreen, consisting of a radial menu of slots where you can place your most frequently used apps such as your dialer, contacts and mail.
  • Solo Launcher this one is free and it got a more minimalistic effect and it got custom animations, transitions, as well as a variety of utilities and UI tools.
  • Next Launcher 3D Shell Well this will be good if you like 3D UI in your launcher.
  • Launcher 8 This one if you like the style of Windows 8

Well if i was going to get a launcher i was going to try all of this in my phone or in a Android Emulator

L_HQGtwlN3Kqcxib.jpg

poqdavid.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0