Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker933

ASUS MX27AQ 1440p Monitor

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I like the frame for that monitor, but I'd probably go with Eizo's FG2421-BK at a little over that price.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

I too have a 1440p monitor, and unless you're already getting 150fps in all the latest titles maxed out, I would wait a bit longer until 120hz IPS 1440p monitors are more...existing. Of course this only applies if you already have a nice 1080 or 1200 monitor. If you are on 1680x1050 or less, you could get a decent panel for $300-400 that is still a massive upgrade. I went from 1600x900 directly to 2560x1440 and the difference was so staggering it was hard to comprehend for like a week.

WaeV, swamp and Tucker933 like this

oVoXWXc.png

I'm still rocking the 7970's, so I'm not getting much more than 60FPS on the latest games when they're maxed, anyway. =P

But honestly, that's just me trying to make myself feel better about not having a higher refresh rate..

WaeV likes this

dual.png

Slightly offtopic but that's a big cpu cooler you got there, quick ? is your case top and bottom vented,

Slightly offtopic but that's a bigi cpu cooler you got there, quick ? is your case top and bottom vented,

Tucker, don't you have the 900D? Or was it the 800D? Either way I'm pretty sure there are like 500 radiator mounts in that thing. Looooots of potential there.

oVoXWXc.png

Slightly offtopic but that's a big cpu cooler you got there, quick ? is your case top and bottom vented,

It is. The intake is at the bottom of the case, and the exhaust is at the back and top. The CPU heatsink is oriented poorly, however it wont mount in any other direction on AMD sockets.. so that's all I can do with it.

Tucker, don't you have the 900D? Or was it the 800D? Either way I'm pretty sure there are like 500 radiator mounts in that thing. Looooots of potential there.

800D.

dual.png

It is. The intake is at the bottom of the case, and the exhaust is at the back and top. The CPU heatsink is oriented poorly, however it wont mount in any other direction on AMD sockets.. so that's all I can do with it.

I wouldn't really fret over the orientation if you can get below ambient idles.  Not that going below ambient is very hard in california, but still.  The best I can get is 27C on my coldest core and if I turn my window air conditioner on to 60 for an hour or so lol

oVoXWXc.png