Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Glazed Doughnut

14 posts in this topic

mmph :/

Having trouble getting the patch output with GD working on a server. It is calling rev_patch_1.lua with

event_start 'lua_call rev_patch_1 Apply'

in the events.txt

rev_patch_1.lua is in the sapp/lua folder

but querying the lua_list shows that rev_patch_1 is unloaded and uninitialized.

Calling it explicitly with lua_load rev_patch_1 shows that it loads successfully, but none of the edits take effect.

What am I missing?

You can't use lua_call on unloaded scripts. You have to load it with lua_load (i.e. SAPP init.txt), THEN call the Apply function.

NeX likes this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

@Kavawuvi Thank you for this amazing program! Using it I was able to create custom weapon load outs per biped, for the bigass final map.

I want to add night-vision to more guns in bigass, and I made a map that has the nightvision changes that I need. I did the same procedure I did for the weapons but I can't seem to get it to work when I upload the scripts to the server.
I am on OSX Sierra, using Eschaton.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Would it be helpful to upload the script, or the nightvision modded map i made?

11 hours ago, Vic Firth said:

@Kavawuvi Thank you for this amazing program! Using it I was able to create custom weapon load outs per biped, for the bigass final map.

I want to add night-vision to more guns in bigass, and I made a map that has the nightvision changes that I need. I did the same procedure I did for the weapons but I can't seem to get it to work when I upload the scripts to the server.
I am on OSX Sierra, using Eschaton.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Would it be helpful to upload the script, or the nightvision modded map i made?

Glad you like it!

Not everything will work, unfortunately. The HUD, for example, has to be on the map that the client is running. This means that, while night vision may be on the server, the client will not see that they are using night vision because the client doesn't have that information on their own map.

Hope that helps.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:09 AM, Kavawuvi said:

Glad you like it!

Not everything will work, unfortunately. The HUD, for example, has to be on the map that the client is running. This means that, while night vision may be on the server, the client will not see that they are using night vision because the client doesn't have that information on their own map.

Hope that helps.

That does help! Thank you so much for getting back to me. I believe that makes sense. So basically some things you can switch out and change, like weapons, ect., but other things like the HUD you cannot? 

All of the weapons of bigass final had the ability to have night vision added when I was working in Eschaton so I thought they would have that info in their map file, but my guess is that based on what you said, Eschaton added new information, so the clients would not have this new night vision information in their map file Is that correct?