Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Evolve client

32 posts in this topic

I actually don't give number ratings, because they mean nothing to me.

True, but it helps people visualize the poster's summary fairly quickly. Its arbitrary but it serves a purpose.

KsqHutE.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

True, but it helps people visualize the poster's summary fairly quickly. Its arbitrary but it serves a purpose.

Well, I like Halo 2, but it's a game that's filled with flaws, so a linear rating wouldn't be appropriate. I think it's a good game, but also a broken one. I also like Halo: Combat Evolved, but it has a terrible lineup of multiplayer maps, and some of its campaign maps are much too long and boring, and is also pretty full of problems.

Really, the best way to say whether or not something is good is by looking at it in action. A number may give you an idea about the review, but not how much you will like the game, unless the game is just that bad.

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:1

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:2

competent.png

Well, I like Halo 2, but it's a game that's filled with flaws, so a linear rating wouldn't be appropriate. I think it's a good game, but also a broken one. I also like Halo: Combat Evolved, but it has a terrible lineup of multiplayer maps, and some of its campaign maps are much too long and boring, and is also pretty full of problems.

Really, the best way to say whether or not something is good is by looking at it in action. A number may give you an idea about the review, but not how much you will like the game, unless the game is just that bad.

Fair enough, that's a very good assertion

KsqHutE.png

Update from Evolve about Halo CE from June 28 in a forum post:

Thanks to posts like this one and bug reports we're aware of this issue. We don't know why Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo Custom Edition aren't working with the overlay. Unfortunately we have a lot of work that we need to get done first, and I am not sure when this issue will be resolved. While this issue effects 100% of people playing Halo: CE, the number of people effected by other Evolve issues (or the work needed for Evolve 2.0) is far greater. We will work on this as soon as feasible.

Basically, they know that Halo CE support is broken, but they don't know why, and they won't work on it right now. That means that if you're using Halo PC or CE, you may just have to look elsewhere for something that 100% works, as this is probably not the Xfire replacement you are actually looking for. My help ticket never got a reply, too, so that's also pretty disappointing.

njAyYBW.png

swamp, WaeV and Takka933 like this

competent.png

Not sure but is the halo support fixed in the version 2?

because i heard some things

What things?

I rarely use it, STEAM in game works just fine for me.

@ Tucker

Steam on iPad keeps log unless you clear it. It's possible to scroll back as far as you like and it keeps log from PC included so all comversations still make sense.

2ew2skp.png

What things?

I rarely use it, STEAM in game works just fine for me.

@ Tucker

Steam on iPad keeps log unless you clear it. It's possible to scroll back as far as you like and it keeps log from PC included so all comversations still make sense.

I have heard that it works with Halo

L_HQGtwlN3Kqcxib.jpg

poqdavid.png

Not sure but is the halo support fixed in the version 2?

because i heard some things

The Version 2 beta requires that you fork over money for either their Helix or Party+ plans to download, though, so it's not even worth mentioning right now. I might test it if I have $5 to blow, but I might just spend that on Golden Eagles in War Thunder, instead.

competent.png

The Version 2 beta requires that you fork over money for either their Helix or Party+ plans to download, though, so it's not even worth mentioning right now. I might test it if I have $5 to blow, but I might just spend that on Golden Eagles in War Thunder, instead.

yah well i think it will be available to public in some time maybe soon

L_HQGtwlN3Kqcxib.jpg

poqdavid.png