Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iggy

Halo Freezing

Hello,

Over the past couple of weeks I've had issues with my PC freezing up in the middle of playing Halo PC. I have no idea where to begin looking so if anyone would be kind enough to point me in a direction or two it would be greatly appreciated.

Tiddy-bits:

Nice one, Sceny, lol.  I would try to remember last change to your pc, added program,updates, or anti-virus scan possibly identifying a necessary file as a virus. You also could see if your case is full of dust, or if you went inside of it recently, check connections, etc. First and best suggestion is what Sceny said. Save your modded files (maps mostly) and do a fresh install. Just some suggestions that i'm sure you've considered.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with fresh install here, too. It's usually a pretty clean and quick process. Just rename your MAPS folder to something like "MAPS backup" and then reinstall, then merge your backup MAPS folder with the new one, and you should be good to go again. Reinstall HAC2 and such if needed.

KsqHutE.png

Thank you all for your replies with the possible exception of Sceny :P

Yes I've considered pretty much all of your suggestions and will most likely do a re-install of Halo.

No re-install needed with Halo, just delete the Maps folder in this location. (Replace YOUR USER with your system username.)

"C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo"

Should clear out any modded maps as long as your running Windows Vista or newer (since in those versions of windows map modding programs cannot save modded or corrupted maps files to 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo\MAPS"
Edited by Devieth
Takka likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0