What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SupaTrolol

[X360] F1 2013 - Games With Gold May 16-30

2VHq9wh.png

Looking for a new racing game to become a pro in? Got an Xbox 360, and Gold?
Well, hurry up, because F1 2013 is still free - for the next 2 days.

It's a perfect game, if what you're looking for is a challenge. F1 2013 provides a realistic approach to circuit racing that somehow manages to keep you on the fine line between "I quit, this is ridiculous!" and "Maybe if I practiced just a little bit more, drove a little bit faster, braked a little bit later..."
Seriously, I don't know how they do it. It's like witchcraft or something.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|GAMEPLAY|----------------------------------------------------------------------------        

The gameplay is what you would expect from a track racer, for the most part. However, there are some quite unique features.
For example, during the race you are able to activate KERS. This allows you to get an 80 HP boost for a short time. You're allowed 4 seconds of the pseudo-nitrous each lap and it really does matter where you use it. Used in conjunction with DRS on the straights, you can reach speeds exceeding 200 MPH. And as unrealistic as these gameplay features may seem, they actually have them on Formula 1 cars. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|OPTIONS|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------                           

Your options as far as difficulty, well, they're pretty open. You can even change them mid-race if necessary. In fact, the options in general are very configurable. You can even remap individual buttons on your controller of choice. Audio and Video options are sparse but what is there is nice to have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|GRAPHICS|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------                           

In a game whose major selling point is literally just realism, it's not surprising that the graphics are amazing. Even on the Xbox 360, it's the best looking racing game I've ever seen. DiRT 3 is comparable, but that's also by Codemasters. What a coincidence! The screenshots really don't do it justice, but here they are anyway.
 bmUploads_2013-08-19_4812_F1_2013_WIP_GaF1_2013_WIP_Gamescom_11.jpg

Oh, I nearly forgot! What would a game review be without some fitting gameplay? Here's a great showcase of the game by Deluxe345:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|CONTENT|------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game comes with 19 tracks, each one in a different country, as well as 17 teams and 22 drivers. As far as how many cars there are, I couldn't tell you exactly, but there's at least one per team.

Now, this might not sound like a lot, but rest assured you'll be working hard to get the contract you want.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|STORY|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Story" of F1 2013 follows the events of the 2013 Formula One season. You race on the same tracks, in the same cars. But there's a catch...

To get a contract, you must first pass a 2-day Young Driver test. The high-end teams that you want to be on? High requirements. If all you can muster up is 3rd place in a test, nobody's going to hire you!

Thankfully, the first couple tests are easy. You should have no problem completing them as long as you follow the instructions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For what it is, F1 2013 is a brilliant game. If you want to test your patience and sharpen your reaction times, this is definitely the game to play. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know. -Supa

Edited by SupaTrolol
Takka likes this

Hit me up on Xbox 360 for GTA, Forza or Halo. My GT is SupaTrolol.

Tiddy-bits:

I ragequitted it when I kept being 1/500th of a second too slow. I've never cursed so much at a game before. It IS very detailed though

SupaTrolol likes this

nicksartthread.jpg

19th person to join the forums

:D

I ragequitted it when I kept being 1/500th of a second too slow. I've never cursed so much at a game before. It IS very detailed though

I know the pain. I eventually completed it with about a second and a half to spare, but it took me well over 10 tries.

Hit me up on Xbox 360 for GTA, Forza or Halo. My GT is SupaTrolol.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0