Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

IPv6 and Halo

http://protonnebula.com/misc-files/vids/ipv6_halo.mp4

I added a connect6 command to HaloMD so it can connect to (modified) servers via IPv6. To HaloMD and SAPP, everything is on 127.0.0.1, because the program running runs on 127.0.0.1:2300 (forwarded server) and [iPv6 address]:2301 (to/from server). The syntax is also a little different from normal connect:

connect6 <ipv6 address> <port> [password (is optional)]

It's not as nice as I want, as it'd take so much work overriding everything with IPv6 and remapping everything. Also, if you get IP banned on SAPP, everyone gets IP banned. However, if IPv4 becomes unused by a majority of users, it won't spell doom for Halo PC.

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Cool, great work!

Has anyone tested this out yet?

Most people I know who have IPv6 don't play Halo anymore, and I know very few people who actually have IPv6. I've only been testing this with my own computers, by myself, but I've been very successful. Also, there isn't any interest in this sort of thing, and I didn't expect there to be.

To answer your question, I am the only person who has tested this.

WaeV likes this

My Verizon internet had IPv6 support. Not sure if my Sprint one does. I'll check and if it does, and once I get around to installing Halo PC on the new machine I'd be willing to test it for you

oVoXWXc.png

My Verizon internet had IPv6 support. Not sure if my Sprint one does. I'll check and if it does, and once I get around to installing Halo PC on the new machine I'd be willing to test it for you

http://ipv6.google.com is the best way to test if you have IPv6 support or not.