What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Caesar

Impactpoint [Beta]

19 posts in this topic

I'll be off work and home around 3:15PM EST today, if you'd like to hit up a few games. I really enjoyed the last beta, all issues aside, so I'm totally down giving this one a test run today

Caesar likes this

KsqHutE.png

Tiddy-bits:

Are you going to change the lightmaps at all? I'd like to see a dark version w/ the lights illuminating areas of the BSP.

Caesar and NeX like this

I'll be off work and home around 3:15PM EST today, if you'd like to hit up a few games. I really enjoyed the last beta, all issues aside, so I'm totally down giving this one a test run today

The new version mostly exists out of small fixes, the beam looks better, weapon looks better etc. I think 3:15pm EST is about 9:15pm my time, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Are you going to change the lightmaps at all? I'd like to see a dark version w/ the lights illuminating areas of the BSP.

Yeah I've been thinking about changing lightmaps, since I finished my exams I got all the time in the world now so I'll start experimenting with that soon. Probably will try some different lightings over the versions to come, so I can put an optimal result in the final release.

WaeV and Sceny like this

Impactpoint 0.4.1 Released.

Changelog:

-New sound effects for teleporters, Invisibility buff and the weapon.

-New lightmaps.

-Added hidden teleporters.

-Updated start screen + postgame report.

-Reduced Invisibility buff's timespan.

-Removed scope.

-Updated gametype icons (they were a pain from the start).

-Impactpoint signs sfx changed from computer bleeps to hit effects.

- In 0.4.0 there were teleporters leading to a speed buff, but this caused lag so I removed it in 0.4.1 along with other fixes.

Server IP :209.95.38.183:2318 (Remains unchanged).

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m5k4abjg6xd1ll6/ipbeta04_5.map.zip (also in OP).

-Added hidden teleporters.

I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good idea (although I will admit I haven't played it yet), just from the standpoint of familiar players having a distinct advantage in that new player will not be able to know about them in advance, without being fortunate enough to witness someone use it firsthand, or be told. 

KsqHutE.png

I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good idea (although I will admit I haven't played it yet), just from the standpoint of familiar players having a distinct advantage in that new player will not be able to know about them in advance, without being fortunate enough to witness someone use it firsthand, or be told. 

There's 2 teles, they're in the corner of blue base, and the corner of red base, they lead to the top of the base (where you normally couldn't get), it's still a open spot, and the advantage is minimalistic.

NeX likes this

Impactpoint 0.7.0 Update

Well, has been a while éh. July 2015. Oops.

Changelog:

-Added 4 new teleporters (now 13 total)

-Changed the flashlight back to normal

-Changed loading screen

-Changed some other bitmaps and some strings

-Gun still looks ugly

(Oh and somewhere between 0.4.0 and 0.7.0 I added Snow to the map)

Not a big update, just some stuff I wanted to change.

Server IP: 107.182.238.250:2325
Download: http://notcaesar.nl/mods/snowpact_7.map.zip (Also updated OP)

Edited by Caesar
Server updated
WaeV and Takka like this

Great to still see progress!

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I've set up an Impactpoint server again for those who'd enjoy it, including the scripts the old one had.

Server IP: 66.23.202.171:2306

Download in OP should still be up to date.

I'm currently rotating 2x KOTH and 1x CTF.

Feel free to hit me up in the OC Discord if you'd like to play together sometime or if you'd like to suggest a change to the rotation.

Weyland and Takka like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0