What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zetren

Depression?

17 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

If you're depressed, I suggest you stay away from anything Nietzsche has written. It only amplifies that feeling of worthlessness.

Zetren likes this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

In hindsight, depression is too harsh a term. What I felt could be better described as a kind of intoxicating melancholy. I know family who've suffered depression (undiagnosed, living in denial making its effects much worse to themselves those around them), and in no way can my experience be compared to their hell.

Talk to people? The vast majority don't give a shit. Those who call themselves your friend are the worst of all, suddenly you realise few of them, if any, offer any support at all. In my experience, people get bored and leave quickly when intimacy and vulnerability gets involved, especially guys. In my younger teens I made a lot of friends over playing video games. Now that I've moved away a lot from gaming, they've moved away from me.

Neitzche! Actually, he's first on my reading list after my exams :V. I want to see what he has to say about the sweeping culture of nihilism and the proverbial death of God.

Here comes the post adolescent idealistic stage :V

Edited by Zetren

Neitzche! Actually, he's first on my reading list after my exams :V. I want to see what he has to say about the sweeping culture of nihilism and the proverbial death of God. 

He makes some valid points considering morality, that it's all man made and subjective. Other than that, I try to stay away from his stuff because it's like swallowing too big of a red pill.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

In hindsight, depression is too harsh a term. What I felt could be better described as a kind of intoxicating melancholy. I know family who've suffered depression (undiagnosed, living in denial making its effects much worse to themselves those around them), and in no way can my experience be compared to their hell. 

Talk to people? The vast majority don't give a shit. Those who call themselves your friend are the worst of all, suddenly you realise few of them, if any, offer any support at all. In my experience, people get bored and leave quickly when intimacy and vulnerability gets involved, especially guys. In my younger teens I made a lot of friends over playing video games. Now that I've moved away a lot from gaming, they have too. 

Neitzche! Actually, he's first on my reading list after my exams :V. I want to see what he has to say about the sweeping culture of nihilism and the proverbial death of God. 

I know what you mean, at least by intoxicating melancholy. There's almost a romanticist feel about it, at times. Like you're the star of your own little film noire. It feels almost justified to use, abuse and generally misuse substances and people. Then you want to wake up and live like you used to, but you can't quite remember what it means to view things with optimism. Cynicism and emptiness feels more realistic, more accurate to reality because god forbid someone humiliates you by proving you wrong. 

Depression is truly awful, and I wish I had at least some semblance of an answer to it. I don't, though, and it just makes me feel like a boy pretending to be a man.

Zetren and WaeV like this

uKZA277.png

I know what you mean, at least by intoxicating melancholy. There's almost a romanticist feel about it, at times. Like you're the star of your own little film noire. It feels almost justified to use, abuse and generally misuse substances and people. Then you want to wake up and live like you used to, but you can't quite remember what it means to view things with optimism. Cynicism and emptiness feels more realistic, more accurate to reality because god forbid someone humiliates you by proving you wrong. 

Depression is truly awful, and I wish I had at least some semblance of an answer to it. I don't, though, and it just makes me feel like a boy pretending to be a man.

This, this right here folks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0