Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Samuco

Electron

45 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

From 5 million versions of SwordEdit to several versions of Archon and now Electron. But it's built on top of 002's work this time so I'm expecting something really good this time, Samuco. Don't let us down.

WaeV and Samuco like this

That fucking water though.  I like it.  So this is a new renderer?  What does that mean as far as modding graphics goes?  Does it just...replace the original renderer?  How is that even possible?  SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Quagmirian likes this

oVoXWXc.png

That fucking water though.  I like it.  So this is a new renderer?  What does that mean as far as modding graphics goes?  Does it just...replace the original renderer?  How is that even possible?  SO MANY QUESTIONS.

The HaloMD renderer disables the SBSP (can be done with just modifying a bit in memory that tells Halo whether or not to render the SBSP). Then, disable rendering of scenery.

The Windows/OS X editors don't replace anything, but they look pretty good.

My favorite part about the water is the water reflections (which I'm assuming are dynamic?).

Samuco likes this

Is it theoretically as easy to replace the renderer on Windows as it is on Mac?

Does Halo on Windows use DirectX or OpenGL? Electron runs on Windows but it uses OpenGL

6ChHo6r.jpg

Edited by Samuco

You would probably need to replace the entire DirectX renderer with Electron. Electron currently doesn't do animations so that's probably not good - you might as well just use Electron as a Halo client 

WaeV likes this