What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaeV

Poking Around in Unreal Engine 4

Tiddy-bits:

Wow, this engine is pretty sexy. I can't wait to see what people put out with it.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

It looks nice. I'm still leaning toward Cryengine 3 but if this is way easier then who knows?

Umh7x1l.gif

It looks nice. I'm still leaning toward Cryengine 3 but if this is way easier then who knows?

At this point, anything Cryengine 3 can do, UE4 can do and for free. Sadly, Cryengine keeps the source locked up unless you want to pay a hefty fine and the development process is less fluid and generally slower than in Unreal Engine.

Cryengine was great for games with graphics well beyond any hardware capable of running it at the time. Unreal 4 utilizes newer technology, especially all that new nvidia stuff so I'm not surprised it can surpass cryengine.

However, I like Havok engine because it has one beast of a physics engine.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0