Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fringehalo

Singularity - Arcade Server

65 posts in this topic

Hi guys. The server return's but I am banned again. Well if I do something wrong about the rules, please forgive me. But I swear that I never use any kind of aimbot or cheat. I just like to drink my beer and play Singularity Opencarnage all night long.

Auto-bans expire after about an hour, so you should be fine again soon.

Do you tend to be really "jerky" with how you aim?

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I have the aimbot banning threshold set to a very high amount, too, so it should take a while for an aimbotter to get banned. That means that you have to be aiming very erratically and warpily for a false-positive.

I feel a pain in my heart when I joyn in the server to play and see that the map was chenged. Please guys don't do this to us, Blood Gulch is the best map in Halo. I could see again many old school halo players in this server. But now the map chenge they all gonne. Please retun to Blood Gulch. Me and many others players thanks for that.(Sorry my bad english)

Yeah I gotta say the new Map Cycle is killing the server. Once it changes from BG a lot of people leave or they quit playing and just complain about it not being BG. This is not an improvement for the server guys. This is always a full server and one of the best. If it aint broke don't jack with it. Please consider removing the map cycle and leave it at BG. Thanks.

That's funny. Most people were actually wanting me to add maps to the mapcycle, though now a lot of people, including a couple of the people who wanted extra maps, want it to be back to just 24/7 Blood Gulch, though a lot of people still were happy about the changes. I removed it for now... you people are confusing, haha.

In the future, if most of the people on the server once again want other maps, I may try something else that will give the players on the server more choice.

NeX likes this

That's funny. Most people were actually wanting me to add maps to the mapcycle, though now a lot of people, including a couple of the people who wanted extra maps, want it to be back to just 24/7 Blood Gulch, though a lot of people still were happy about the changes. I removed it for now... you people are confusing, haha.

All the people who were content with Blood Gulch weren't speaking until the cycle was changed, I bet.

fringehalo likes this

Appreciate removing the map cycle. Trying to please the masses is always a hard job to do. Yeah I would consider doing a map voting system before just putting in a cycle. But leaving it at BG 24/7 is the best IMO. Thanks.

why not just add a bunch of cliff teleport and tank-round sniper mods to it? Should revive it jajajajaja

No. Go play on a PÕQ server if you want that. I want Arcade CTF to use vanilla maps (other than the pistol/assault rifle starting weapon swap),

Anyway, these are the two maps that were pulled from the map cycle while will be added to map voting sometime next week:

> Sidewinder - If you're brave, take the long way around and risk an attack from snipers or vehicles. You can also try wallhopping with a ghost on this map in the tunnel with the overshield and active camouflage. The riskiest method is taking the two way teleporters on top of the bases.

> Danger Canyon - It's almost a smaller Sidewinder, with some Infinity added in. You can risk being sniped and take the long way around, or take the tunnels. The most dangerous method is using the ghost to wallhop to the other side, because you not only go directly into enemy territory, but a failed wallhop can kill you (splattered by ghost/fall into the void).

And no, I'm not going to stop people from wallhopping or glitching into rocks and trees. I could automatically kill wallhoppers if I wanted to, but that would mean I wouldn't be able to do it, either  :(