Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fringehalo

Singularity - Arcade Server

65 posts in this topic

I noticed the server name advertised these forums so I was hoping you guys were responsible for the server. First of all, well done. Best server available today. Very fun to play in and different from any other server. That's when the scoring doesn't break which happens from time to time. I noticed a few days ago it was passworded and not available to the public. I'm assuming maybe because it's being tested and worked on more? Any info you guys might have would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Hey, thanks for dropping by!

The server is currently running publicly and full of people, however I don't personally manage the server myself (002 does). When did you last make an attempt to join, and are you doing it from the server browser or via direct IP?

Nice avatar by the way; I had just finished the first season of Daredevil last night.

NeX likes this

In Halo PC (not CE)? I'm still showing it's passworded and 0/16 (empty). Singularity - Testing Server - Opencarnage.net is the name on just Halo PC.

I'm searching through the lobby not connecting through IP. I've tried each day, multiple times a day and it's been like this for about 3-4 days now.

Thanks on the avatar. Season 1 was amazing. Now the long wait for Season 2 lol.

Props to 002 then for an amazing server. Just gotta figure out what causes the random breaks in scoring from time to time. :)

Oh, yes, the Testing Server is not the same as the Arcade CTF server. The problem is that Arcade CTF isn't broadcasting to the main lobby. I just made it so.

fringehalo likes this

Thanks 002.

Actually when I try using that IP I get a loading map file error. :(

Edited by fringehalo

Sorry. No port number gets the map file error.

When I enter the port number it just tried to connect ...1...2...3...4...then unable to join. I've tried port number and I've tried joining through GT. Same results.

Still not seeing it in the Lobby either, but I do see it as full on GT. I'm even allowing full servers to show in the filters. Nada.

Very odd.

Got a screenshot of the direct IP screen?

edit: I checked the IP bans and it looked like your name was in it for aimbotting. Of course, false positives happen all the time. I've unbanned you.

Edited by 002
Sceny likes this

Yeah I was just reading up on IP bans and how it just times out rather than say you are banned from this server and the server you're banned from won't who in lobby list.

I don't recall ever being banned / kicked in-game and I certainly never botted. I actually like to troll bots in the server and get them to keep doing it so the auto-ban will detect them. I've gotten a few of them caught. :)

Thanks for checking in on it and again great server.

I know it's in beta version, but just checking to make sure you know the scoring breaks in it from time to time. I haven't been able to pin point what exactly causes it as it seems pretty random.