What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fringehalo

Singularity - Arcade Server

65 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I was just on this server the other night. Just curious, what does "arcade" style mean exactly? I saw the kill points but I'm curious about what else makes this unique.

WaeV likes this

Tiddy-bits:

I have the exact same problems as the creator of this post.

Please listen to what happened to me,

I was playing on the server, and I had the sniper rifle, I shot 2 bullets at someone and the 2nd one was lucky and it killed the blue player I was aiming at. This user's username was something like "New1" or "New01" or something similar. A few seconds after the kill, I get a message that says you have been kicked by the server operator. This was really annoying to me, because I don't use any aimbot... I haven't ever used one. So I tried to rejoin but somehow they seemed to have blocked me from being able to see that particular server in the lobby.

I've googled the server name "singularity" something or other and saw that it still existed. I tried to "direct IP" join but I got the exact same problems as the creator of this topic.

Please unban me if you can.

Considering 2 people took the time to register on a forum and make a post, you have to assume there's significantly more with the same issue they're having that don't care enough to do so.

Whatever your setting or method is, you should probably reset the banlist and tweak it significantly. With the ~27 players H1 still has left, better to let an aimbotter play for an extra dozen or so kills than ban one of the last legitimate players.

NeX likes this

Just out of curiosity, what is aimbot_ban set to @002?

It was entertaining when sehe broke the feature that stops the server from banning people who spawn and teleport and unfortunately end up looking at players.  Anyway I hope he has it above 7500.

Edited by Devieth

> Clean osx install

> Install HaloMD

> No plugins or anything

> Join Singularity

> Change controls

> Play for a bit

> Banned for 168 hours for "aimbotting"

> mfw

Did you reinstall your Internet connection, too? I saw you complaining about getting your Internet bandwidth being measured in kilobits.

Halo has poor netcode, and it's even worse if the connection is in any way unstable. Even 5% packet loss is enough to significantly screw up gameplay and cause some big warping.