What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nobsi

Nobsi's Guide to Killing Floor 2

12 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Killing Floors!
In this small thread I’ll introduce you to the many facettes of living in constant fear of getting bitten by horrible creatures

1. What is Killing Floor 2?
2. How do I play Killing Floor 2?
3. The Classes
4. Your Enemies
5. Why should I bother?

1. What is Killing Floor 2?

What is Killing Floor 2 you ask? Well let me tell you.
Killing Floor 2 is the sequel to a great Co-op Game released in 2009 by Tripwire Interactive.
In Killing Floor you face horde after horde of horrible creatures that got released by Horzine Biotech and you only have one job. To kill every one of them.

2. How do I play Killing Floor 2?

You play it with a Mouse and a Keyboard. Options to play it with a gamepad are there but I wouldn’t recommend doing so.
Killing Floor is a horde shooter. After every wave you get time to get to a trader and equip yourself with armor, grenades and weapons. You do this with money that you get by killing zeds and helping your team.  You also gain levels by doing things that fit your role. Gaining levels will give you statboosts and every 5 levels up to 25 you will get to choose between 2 perks up to a maximum of 5. These can be changed every round on the run.
If you die then don’t worry, you will keep your money and as long as one person of your squad survives you will be revived. You wont get a round survived bonus though.
Happy Hunting

3. The Classes

Killing Floor 2 has 10 Classes that are planned to be released over the course of Early Access

The Field Medic

As the Name says, this guy is a Medic. Ready to heal and support his teammates.
Your role as a Field Medic is to keep your teammates (Especially Beserkers who wade into crowds and tank bigger Zeds) at full health. You can also supply additional DPS with your modular HMTech weapon. The HMTech can "transform" into stronger types of guns with a little money, all of which can shoot healing darts at teammates from a distance. These darts will seek out the nearest team member and heal them. You also have a healing grenade that creates a large AoE heal. Don’t ask how these work, you'll just ruin the magic. As a Medic you also have skills that allow you to repair teammate's armor. Your skills and the decisions you make are life and death for your teammates on higher difficulties.

The Commando

As the Commando class your job is supplying a constant damage source, while simultaneously clearing out all of the "Trash Zeds" so your teammates can have a clear shot at the big baddies. You can see Cloakers better than anyone else which should help you in keeping them off of your teammates. Your strong points are crowd control and controlling zones/chokepoints for your team as well as extending Zed Time, making those crucial moments and skill buffs during that period last even longer. You also excel at being a point man when your team is moving through corridors. Commando is a flexible class that can change based on play style and one of the "core" team classes.

The Support

Support is a brick-house of firepower.  Your lower tier shotguns will devastate whole groups of Zeds and your higher tier shotguns will tear even the largest of Zeds down quickly. Your role can be as flexible as Commando, if not more so. You're the guy who can join in when your team is in trouble and turn the tide of a fight based on raw damage. The main downside over Commando is how much time you might spend reloading. Because of the Support's large bursts of damage he excels at being a point man, as well as controlling chokepoints and crowds. Your primary concerns are ammo and reload time, although some of your perks alleviate this a bit. This class will always be a vital addition to a team. You will be able to give your teammates ammo to help them. 

The Berserker
The Berserker is a class that gets sweeter with time. It's a very skill-based class

Your bread and butter is currently the Pulverizer and Nailgun. The Pulverizer can mitigate ~95% of an attack's damage on a successful parry ,while also staggering the zed!

Your role is to control Zed aggro and keep the front-line solid.

You are the time-buyer and additional source of spike damage for your team when it comes to Scrakes and Fleshpounds, comboing explosive Pulverizer attacks and parries as well as EMP grenades to stun and disable them.

4. The  Enemies

Killing Floor 2 has all kinds of enemies. From the weak of the weak to really strong guys who need teamwork to be brought down.

The Clot
This is the weakest enemy that youll face. He can be brought down by shooting him in the head once with most weapons but don’t let that fool you. If you let him get too close to you hell grab your crotch and not let go. Until he is  dead at least. So make sure to keep them away from you.

The gorefast
This guy is fast. You can kill this guy with a few aimed shots but he will come charge at you and strike you with his blade-arms.

The crawler
As the name says these things like to crawl.
It doesn’t really matter to them where they crawl, if it’s the cailing or walls or simply on the ground.
They will jump at you if you let them get too close.
These can be killed pretty quick too.

The Bloat
This fat guy is really slow. Don’t let that fool you though, let him het too close and he bill spit his vomit on you and that is going to hurt you. You can usually remove his head with 4 to 5 bullets at his head.

The Cloaker
These nasty girls will cloak themselves so you can barely even see them. And when they get close to you they will do anything they can to hurt you so keep your distance and let the commando kill them before they kill you. Shooting them in the head once will kill them or at least get rid of their head and cloaking ability.

The Siren
This woman is your worst nightmare.
She will scream super loud and will make grenades and other explosives useless in her range.
Her screams will hurt you more than you would like and they ignore your armor.

The Husk

Ranged destruction.

This guy, if not dealt with will cause more wipes than any other ZED.

He's got a Rocket launcher which fires fireballs. These will put you and your surrounding teammates on fire and really cause damage.

Make sure to deal with them ASAP or risk losing everything. 

The Scrake
This big guy has a chainsaw as an arm.  Killing him will require immense firepower or a berserker that can parry his swings. He is usually calm but when you shoot him enough he will rage and come charge at you.

The Fleshpound
This guy has serious problems.
Not only have Horzine replaced his hands with strange sawlike gloves, he also has serious anger issues. He doesn’t care if you shoot him or not, he will come charge at you at random intervals and will cause serious damage. Use communication to get this guy down before he gets you down.

5. Why should I bother?

Because Killing Floor 1 was great and Killing Floor 2 is going to be great too.
Buy it, we will wait here for you.

WiP

Edited by Nobsi
Kvasir, Takka and swamp like this

Yzqvc19.png

Tiddy-bits:

Great guide! I was inspired to do a little write up about important roles of all 4 classes we have so far. I might write some stuff we know about the classes yet to be included from KF1 but that information probably wouldn't be accurate anymore.

The Field Medic:

Your role as a Field Medic is to keep your teammates (Especially Beserkers who wade into crowds and tank bigger Zeds) at full health. You can also supply additional DPS with your modular HMTech weapon. The HMTech can "transform" into stronger types of guns with a little money, all of which can shoot healing darts at teammates from a distance. You also have a healing grenade that creates a large AoE heal. As a Medic you also have skills that allow you to repair teammate's armor. Your skills and the decisions you make are life and death for your teammates on higher difficulties.

The Commando:

As the Jack-Of-All-Trades Commando class your job is supplying a constant damage source, while simultaneously clearing out all of the "Trash Zeds" so your teammates can have a clear shot at the big baddies. The Commando himself can also put out large amounts of damage on bigger zeds by being skillful and dumping a magazine into the Zed's head (Don't do this rambo solo style or your team will cry). This often results in Commandos finishing off larger Zeds after his team dumps on them. Your strong points are crowd control and controlling zones/chokepoints for your team as well as extending Zed Time, making those crucial moments and skill buffs during that period last even longer. You also excel at being a point man when your team is moving through corridors. Commando is a flexible class that can change based on play style and one of the "core" team classes.

The Support:

Support is a brick-house of firepower. Out of the 4 classes in Early Access so far, Support is the one capable of the largest damage spikes. Your lower tier shotguns will devastate whole groups of Zeds (especially with headshots!) and your higher tier shotguns will tear even the largest of Zeds down quickly. Your role can be as flexible as Commando, if not more so. You're the guy who can join in when your team is in trouble and turn the tide of a fight based on raw damage. The main downside over Commando is how much time you might spend reloading. Because of the Support's large bursts of damage he excels at being a point man, as well as controlling chokepoints and crowds. Your primary concerns are ammo and reload time, although some of your perks alleviate this a bit. This class will always be a vital addition to a team.

The Berserker:

The Berserker is a class that gets sweeter with time. It's a very skill-based class so far and crazy fun to boot. Your bread and butter is currently the Pulverizer and Nailgun. The Pulverizer can mitigate 90% of an attack's damage on a successful parry (middle-mouse at the right moment), while also completely stunning them! Your role is to control Zed aggro and keep the front-line solid. You move around quickly and Zeds often stumble when you smack them. You are the time-buyer and additional source of spike damage for your team when it comes to Scrakes and Fleshpounds, comboing explosive Pulverizer attacks and parries as well as EMP grenades to stun and disable bigger Zeds. The satisfaction this class brings is huge and I think we'll be seeing it on lots of high level teams.

Edited by Kvasir
Takka likes this

Doldrums.png

Which one shoots the flamey shit

The firebug class, which isn't in yet. However you can use any of the weapons on any class.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

What? The reason I asked is because I fought one in solo mode yesterday, but it didn't fit any of the list descriptions

PSi meant enemy class, not player class. My bad that was a tad ambiguous

Edited by NeX

KsqHutE.png

What? The reason I asked is because I fought one in solo mode yesterday, but it didn't fit any of the list descriptions

PSi meant enemy class, not player class. My bad that was a tad ambiguous

I think you saw a husk. 

Yzqvc19.png

Oh dur. I don't know how but my eyes apparently just skipped right over that one. Yeah those guys are a source of epic fuckery

Kvasir likes this

KsqHutE.png

Oh dur. I don't know how but my eyes apparently just skipped right over that one. Yeah those guys are a source of epic fuckery

Their flamethrower AoE attack on Suicidal+ is a killer.

Doldrums.png

The Husk

Ranged destruction.

This guy, if not dealt with will cause more wipes than any other ZED.

He's got a Rocket launcher which fires fireballs. These will put you and your surrounding teammates on fire and really cause damage.

Make sure to deal with them ASAP or risk losing everything. 

Don't forget that the Husk can also commit suicide to take you and your team out.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0