Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker933

KF2 Modding

48 posts in this topic

I wish this game used UE4 instead of UE3 =(

But as far as I know they're incredibly similar as far as sdk and ue3 still uses unrealscript. Killing Floor 2 also has some newer UE4 type features added into it hence them calling it 3.5.

The Killing Floor version of the sdk itself is very small. What's the problem with using it over UE4?

NeX likes this

Doldrums.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Must be annoying to be a studio releasing a game with the newer version of the engine releasing right around the corner as you're wrapping up the development process.

Kvasir likes this

KsqHutE.png

So I see we can replace character models, how about weapon models now? I don't know how to model but I would like to try to replace the Commando's AK with an AN94.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

We have a section for such questions now, if you'd like to make a topic about it: http://opencarnage.net/index.php?/forum/54-kf2-modding-support/

All these expansions and I never realize them. Cool I'll post up there.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

Must be annoying to be a studio releasing a game with the newer version of the engine releasing right around the corner as you're wrapping up the development process.

First of all, sorry for resurrecting the thread but I felt like replying so I did (plus Im slightly drunk).

Like some people already stated, Tripwire is using a HEAVILY modified version of the engine so I dont think they care about the newer version at this point.

Also from what Ive gathered, many of you havent actually played the first game so to those who havent, let me just tell you it was VERY mod friendly game so undoubtably KF2 will be as well. Releasing the SDK already supports this. And if you look at the modding forums, they have actually made a thread where you can request features that help modding. They are  awesome developers. You just need to have patience and they will deliver.

Now, Im off to the local pub  :), hopefully I didnt post anything anywhere I regret tomorrow.

WaeV likes this

First of all, sorry for resurrecting the thread but I felt like replying so I did (plus Im slightly drunk).

Like some people already stated, Tripwire is using a HEAVILY modified version of the engine so I dont think they care about the newer version at this point.

Also from what Ive gathered, many of you havent actually played the first game so to those who havent, let me just tell you it was VERY mod friendly game so undoubtably KF2 will be as well. Releasing the SDK already supports this. And if you look at the modding forums, they have actually made a thread where you can request features that help modding. They are  awesome developers. You just need to have patience and they will deliver.

Now, Im off to the local pub  :), hopefully I didnt post anything anywhere I regret tomorrow.

KF2's already as moddable, people just haven't made mutators yet. The functionality is there, if someone would get off their lazy butt and make a mut. Hell, certain people have already made playermodels. The process is pretty much the same for both games, I can definitely say that there will be as many if not more mods for KF2 as there are for KF1.

1k hours in KF1 teaches you a lot. ;)