Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker933

KF2 Modding

48 posts in this topic
Do you have any experience with the Unreal 3 engine, and/or do you plan on making content for this game?

I've tinkered around with the original editor, but just for particle effects; I don't have much experience with it beyond that. I'm most interested in possibly making new weapons for some custom maps, which shouldn't take as much time as it usually does for me, because balance is a lot easier in a co-op game.

Also, does anyone plan on remaking any of their previous projects or content, for this game?

I'll probably do a re-imagining of my previous sandboxes, but hopefully I can implement a lot of the concepts I've had that I could never do on the Halo engine.

NeX and WaeV like this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I've been looking for something new to get into but I'm not sure that this is it, with it being solely a zombie/survival based game there's really not much diversity to encourage modding. I can make new monsters or weapons, obviously the levels as well, but it's always a survival based zombie game.

The only thing I would possibly be interested in would be converting Halo maps and tweaking them to work.

I've been looking for something new to get into but I'm not sure that this is it, with it being solely a zombie/survival based game there's really not much diversity to encourage modding. I can make new monsters or weapons, obviously the levels as well, but it's always a survival based zombie game.

The only thing I would possibly be interested in would be converting Halo maps and tweaking them to work.

I don't really think that's true. The game is going to be very friendly mod-wise, even to total conversions. Tripwire wants all the systems they wrote on top of Unreal 3 to be as moddable as possible. Beyond that, it basically is just Unreal 3 which supports pretty much anything you want. I'm not sure it's less able to change than Halo 1 is.

UE3 is also object oriented so it's very friendly to manipulating vital game code by simply "extending" it.

Doldrums.png

In Killing Floor 1 some friends of me modded the game to be gungame and capture the flag.

Yzqvc19.png

Yes absolutely, but while I certainly could do that with this game why reinvent the wheel? It'd be far easier to do the things I want to do in a game that already supports those features then finding a way to implement them. I want to get into the UE3 Engine, I just don't think this is the right game for it.

This definitely looks pretty fun. I think a gritty ODST style flood horror (Mona Lisa) could be a lot of fun, make the flood into an actual terrifying,  pants-shitting scary foes, especially not being a walking greek god with shields. 

Kvasir likes this

KsqHutE.png

But we're the only community you'll ever want to mod with.

Peer pressure!

I dunno, can the game even render shaders on a velociraptor? What's the flying humvee situation look like? Plausible at least?

Besides Tucker, you never even played Zelda how can I take your opinion on video games seriously?

Tucker933 and Samuco like this

I dunno, can the game even render shaders on a velociraptor? What's the flying humvee situation look like? Plausible at least?

Besides Tucker, you never even played Zelda how can I take your opinion on video games seriously?

We had flying humvees in killing floor 1. im pretty sure killing floor 2 will support that too. 

and i think we also had hitler sitting on a velociraptor as an enemy. so yes that too. 

Seems like there is only this way for you.

Edited by Nobsi
Tucker933 likes this

Yzqvc19.png

Hey leave Tucker alone! My first console was a ps2 when i was 12. I only got the old school from friends' houses. No pokemon our Zelda for me either

KsqHutE.png