Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krazychic

Body Clock

16 posts in this topic

That's coz you stayed up playing War Thunder with Tucker :P

Not always, and we didn't play War Thunder every day. In fact, a lot of times when we played War Thunder, I'd stop playing at around 3 AM. I like the game, but I get tired of it after about 4 hours.

Edited by 002

Tiddy-bits:

A lot of this boils down to eating and activity habits. When I finally get back on a sleeping schedule, I usually wake up at 6-7AM and get back on dorm from classes to take a nap from 4 or 5 until 8 or 9 at night. That's when I get screwed, because I work on homework that is due the next day in that time period (or procrastinate and play CS:GO). If I want to go back to sleep, I will only get a power nap, so I just suffer the rest of the day and take a nap. My actual "sleep" is during the day.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

Melatonin is a naturally produced hormone that animals and humans produce in natural anticipation of the sunset. It will not keep you asleep, but will help you fall asleep.
When you are sitting in front of a backlit screen (be it a tv monitor, ipad, computer screen, etc) your eyes are in direct contact with unnatural light that your body "mistakes" as the sun. This alone will mess up your body's natural clock. I suggest downloading f.lux on their website. It should help with at least that potential portion of your problem. 

There are multiple types of sleeping pills but they are not all the same. There are three main active ingredients that most sleeping meds rely on and those are Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Melatonin, and Doxylamine Succinate. Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine used in some sleep aids. It will keep you asleep, but you may wake up drowsy the next morning and suffer from nightmares. Melatonin I have already given a brief run-through. Doxylamine succinate is similar to Diphenhydramine HCl but I never recommend it because of the slew of side effects. 

I seriously suggest giving yourself an hour of pre-sleep downtime before you go to sleep. Give yourself a strict-as-possible bedtime to commit to. Same as it works with toddlers overtime, your body will start learning that your bedtime is the hour for sleep, and you can retrain yourself to have a regular sleep schedule. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask. 

If you do not like the idea of taking over-the-counter medications then you can also go to the nearest health food store and ask around the pharmacy section for a naturally-inducing sleep aid or relaxant such as Valerian.

Krazychic likes this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like you've got some pretty awesome tips from the others on this topic.  Have you tried any of them out?  Any positive results? I used to get 4-5 hours of sleep and I knew that wasn't enough I was irritable, lethargic during the day, and was not in good shape.   I now average between 7-8 hours a day which I consider ample amount of sleep to feel re-energized. 

As far as tips go here's a list for ya if you've haven't already started to try them.

• When you wake up don't force yourself to go back to sleep if you are not sleep
    -Instead, get up stretch and do something that is not stimulating e.g. watch tv, phone, tablet instead read a book or listen to calming music.
  • Eat breakfast and all other meals but try not to eat dinner past 7PM.  If you want a late snack make it light like yogurt or banana.
  • Avoid drinking/eating caffeine products before going to bed
  • Have a wind down process e.g. reading, meditating, shower/bath avoid electronics at all cost
  • Wear an eye mask when you are about to go to sleep
  • have a regular exercise routine
  • Set your room temperature as cool but don't make it cold to the point it's interrupting you, if you sleep warm consider having a fan next to you (the white noise may also help)

Some things to think about too... how old is your mattress? how old is your pillow?  If either of them are over 5-8 years old it may be time for a change particularly if they're not very supportive.  Try not to skimp out on your sleep system (mattress/box spring, sleep attire, pillow, sheets) you are aiming to spend a lot of hours in bed the money you spend will be worth it. 

Krazychic likes this

• have a regular exercise routine

This is the biggest one. Do something during the day or you will not be tired at the end of it. You need to work your balls off and tire yourself out. If you aren't ready to crash at 9pm you need to do this.

Fastest way to fix sleep schedule. I've realized that when I take breaks from working out, I start staying up later and am tired all the time.

WaeV and Skeezix the Cat like this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you