Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krazychic

Radar

17 posts in this topic

Just wondering what everyone's take is on having the radar in game to show the opposition. 

I tend not to play servers that have enemy on show unless it's a huge map, smaller maps like Bloodgulch I see it as pointless to have regardless of the game type.  Many players hate it, see it as a disadvantage and express that in game but some use it and can't play well without it.

Tiddy-bits:

I dislike it, unless the ability to crouch undetected is fixed.

DiSiAC and NeX like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I like the radar. It's just really fucking stupid when combined with small maps and sniper rifles or rockets. (playing with small maps and rockets is a stupid idea anyway though)

..especially as Tucker says as crouching defeats it.

Crouching doesn't defeat it in Halo PC, which is my problem with it.

swamp likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I can't really imagine Halo without radar.

Also on a side note, my friends piss me off to no end because they constantly argue that the correct way to say it is, "we all have a radar," not, "we all have radar." They laugh when I say I have radar because they say it's like saying, "I have dog," and I grit my teeth. Saying, "a radar," is fine I guess colloquially but radar is an ability not a physical noun, like touch. So if we're talking about abilities and I say, "I have touch," it would be stupid to say, "I have a touch."

NeX and WaeV like this

Umh7x1l.gif

The SpartanX radar shows opposition (when upgraded enough), but you can defeat it by crouching.

I like radar, this is the 26th Century after all. I'd prefer too if crouch stopped you from appearing on it.

WaeV likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0