What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaeV

The Lore of Halo

21 posts in this topic

I remember most of this. Ancient humans were pretty badass.

NeX likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

Tiddy-bits:

tbh 343i has gone pretty dark with it, and I really like it. I don't think they've really fucked it up per se....

KsqHutE.png

Ye I agree that they did an alright job with the story (except for MC talking too much and Cortana being a little girl) gameplay decisions aside.

NeX likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

It's so Disney now, but what turned me off the most was how much of the backstory was contradicted and rewritten with incredibly boring and cliche content. The Halo universe used to be much more interesting and wondrous before Reach and all of 343's works. I completely gave up on following the series after watching Halo 4's campaign and reading the first two of 343's Forerunner books. I tried so hard to like it.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

By the way, if you guys haven't heard the new Hunt the Truth series then you totally should. It's really, really good. I'm just kind of waiting for the "oh shit" moment.

uKZA277.png

3xIC5cf.png

So the Precursors were using the collectors too!!

In all seriousness, when I first learned Precursor=Flood it was like 8 years after hearing about the precursors and assuming I'd never learn anything about them. Figured I'd probably never learn anything about the forerunner, let alone the specie before them. Back then video-games didn't really do "stories", there was what was in the campaign and then that's it, Game Over thanks for buying questions forever unanswered.

Incredible twist. This specie that you thought might not even exist, might be a myth or a concept, they were the "Gods of our Gods". And then it turns out they're this great evil you've been fighting the whole time. Mindblown.

Edited by DeadHamster
WaeV likes this

And if you read later on in the comps, he corrects himself by saying that the Precursors probably weren't actually killed by the Forerunners, because it wasn't really possible to kill a Precursor; they just left when the Forerunners tried to kill them, and their hate spawned the flood as a punishment. So they themselves weren't the flood but it was a direct result.

Umh7x1l.gif

And if you read later on in the comps, he corrects himself by saying that the Precursors probably weren't actually killed by the Forerunners, because it wasn't really possible to kill a Precursor; they just left when the Forerunners tried to kill them, and their hate spawned the flood as a punishment. So they themselves weren't the flood but it was a direct result.

I could've sworn the Precursors retreated while and after their last defense was obliterated by the Forerunner, going into deep space and becoming the dust with the idea of eventually recompiling at a later date, only after eons the dust corrupted and drifted into space/ was found by Forerunner/Humans and used to use on animals to create "exotic pets", not initially realizing these were the first flood.

this agrees with me; http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0