What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaeV

The Lore of Halo

21 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Saw this series on r/halo a while back! Awesome stuff. I like that he/she posts corrections and stuff when they're needed. Halo's Lore is what has always kept me glued to this game and series as a whole, regardless of the games and their implementations. 

Great post!

SnipeYa likes this

KsqHutE.png

I'm forever stuck in the more mindset of the second level of halo

"YO LOOK AT THIS SWEET-ASS OLD-ASS BUILDING SHIT GODDAMN COVENANT ERRYWHERE WARTHOG OPEN SPACES YEAH"

my brain is very selective with the lore it's willing to remember

WaeV and Takka like this

Fuck yeah! You want to talk lore, let's talk lore. Literally one of the most interesting sci fi universes out there. 

Would you like to know more?

reddit.com/r/halostory

Halopedia

Never go to Halo Nation, btw. Information is wicked outdated and inaccurate.

WaeV and NeX like this

uKZA277.png

Literally one of the most interesting sci fi universes out there. 

Until 343 butchered it over and over. =|

DiSiAC likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Until 343 butchered it over and over. =|

I don't know about that, though. I think they're just taking the games in a different direction than what we had before. I do agree they could have made much better decisions in gameplay, but the lore is something else. The story is so much more interesting and layered at this point than it has ever been. It's developing from mankind vs. big baddie in black and white to this wonderful shade of grey moral ambiguity. 

I mean, look at the single aspect of ONI and the whole Hunt the Truth campaign. Under Osman they're projecting this deontological fanaticism and obsession with the portrayal of John as a traitor or potential savior. They're fucking around Sangheili space and interfering with their negotiations with the Jiralhanae, not to mention the fact John is going to find out that they essentially ordered a hit squad after his (de facto) mother Halsey. Blue team is uniting for the first time in the games, the flood are (probably, see Halo: Escalation) going to make a comeback in a big way and the forerunners are going to do their crazy, genocidal thang again. Hell, even those dog bastards the Innies are making an appearance whilst Halsey goes rogue and Cortana passes on. It's all coming together for one hell of a clusterfuck, and I am so ready for it.

NeX likes this

uKZA277.png

So when does So Long and Thanks for all the Fish queue up?

SnipeYa likes this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

I don't know about that, though. I think they're just taking the games in a different direction than what we had before. I do agree they could have made much better decisions in gameplay, but the lore is something else. The story is so much more interesting and layered at this point than it has ever been. It's developing from mankind vs. big baddie in black and white to this wonderful shade of grey moral ambiguity. 

I don't know about that. I was fine with the "ancient super advanced civ" when i was walking around big long-abandoned ruins in a giant ring world. But when they actually put them in the game that's too far. And now I find out that there's ANOTHER, MORE ancient MORE advanced civilization? I don't think so. And that's the only argument against "too much lore" that i can think of for halo's case off the top of my head.

TL;DR, too much lore

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0