What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaeV

Simple Mandelbrot Generator

Hey, now that I have a website I've decided to look into deploying applications. So here's my first!

vQjbjnh.png

Nothing Halo-related, but maybe you'll find it cool. It's also a chance for me to test that deployment is working properly.

Download v1.0

Source Code on GitHub

It works for me on Windows 10, but I'm not sure how far back compatibility goes. It requires the .Net Framework 4.0, so it probably won't work if you don't have that installed. (The more recent your Windows is, the better.)

Let me know how it works. I'm also going to test the update mechanism in a short while, if you have any suggestions for improvements.

Pfhunkie likes this

Tiddy-bits:

I downloaded it and it worked ok... its just the image that you shown and it does nothing else...

Forgot to add that I'm using Windows 8.1

Also, nice domain

Edited by Intrepid
WaeV likes this

Thanks for testing! The app is pretty boring for now... I will probably add the ability to change the image size at the very least.

It's a new domain hot off the presses. :) Hopefully I can host some Halo apps once I have this deployment+update stuff worked out.

Nope already had the 4 framework installed. No surprise really.

If you were so interested, error report;

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 5.1.2600.196608 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.233
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.233 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\The Banker\My Documents\Downloads\FSharpMandelbrot.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Manifest XML signature is not valid.
+ SignatureDescription could not be created for the signature algorithm supplied.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [3/27/2015 11:28:22 AM] : Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\The Banker\My Documents\Downloads\FSharpMandelbrot.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [3/27/2015 11:28:22 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (SignatureValidation)
- Manifest XML signature is not valid.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSignature(Stream s)
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException
- SignatureDescription could not be created for the signature algorithm supplied.
- Source: System.Security
- Stack trace:
at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignedInfo(AsymmetricAlgorithm key)
at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignature(AsymmetricAlgorithm key)
at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignatureReturningKey(AsymmetricAlgorithm& signingKey)
at System.Deployment.Internal.CodeSigning.SignedCmiManifest.Verify(CmiManifestVerifyFlags verifyFlags)
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSignature(Stream s)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

It seems like it can't read a signature that it's really really interested in reading. It says it's "improperly formatted" which to me means "formatted for an operating system made in the past decade."

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0