Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krazychic

'MARIO CART' On Your Phone! Plus Other Nintendo Faves

18 posts in this topic

Then I got older and finally looked it up and saw there were 3 character classes light medium heavy that each had their pros. Pretty funny stuff.

Yeah, not everyone who is light/medium/heavy has the same weight/stats, too. Rosalina in Mario Kart 8, for example, is in the heavy tier, but is a little lighter and slower than the other ones in that tier in order to have greater acceleration and handling.

Edited by 002

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Yeah, not everyone who is light/medium/heavy has the same weight/stats, too. Rosalina in Mario Kart 8, for example, is in the heavy tier, but is a little lighter and slower than the other ones in that tier in order to have greater acceleration and handling.

Ah, my friends and I still play the first one.

Kru likes this

By first one do you mean the snes one? Never got around to playing it but the n64 one is great. the gamecube one is a bit shit

the gamecube one is a bit shit

Double Dash is the best Mario Kart to date shut your dirty mouth.

Umh7x1l.gif

By first one do you mean the snes one? Never got around to playing it but the n64 one is great. the gamecube one is a bit shit

Bahh you got me there. I readily admit to completely forgetting about Super Mario Kart, I was referring to Mario Kart 64.

I also agree on the GC deal, I think Nintendo dropped the ball on Kart and Super Smash.  While Melee was probably the best Smash game engine-wise, they made the mistake of "Hey if we just keep adding characters, that makes the game better right?". So we get carbon-copies of 1/3 of the characters in the game, with the clone or the original being vastly superior (Fox vs Falco, Gannondorf vs Falcon, Link vs Young Link, Pikachu vs Pichu, Mario vs Luigi, etc.) And then we get a half dozen characters that are awful (Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, etc.).

Instead of adding a dozen terrible characters and a dozen awful maps, why not fix some of the content you already have? Instead of making purposeful content, they just flood you with it.

Kru likes this

Three of my friends are really into Smash tournament culture and the one knows all the tiers for melee.

Ice Climbers are actually considered good characters because of the way they can grab. I don't use them but I know that much. I think it has a good selection, but the balance does seem off. Have you played Project M? It's got the Brawl characters with Melee physics and every character is viable and balanced.

Umh7x1l.gif

I would love to have Mario Kart on my phone.  I have been a big fan of the Mario Kart series, especially the Mario Kart games. 

I hope this comes out pretty quick. 

Bahh you got me there. I readily admit to completely forgetting about Super Mario Kart, I was referring to Mario Kart 64.

I also agree on the GC deal, I think Nintendo dropped the ball on Kart and Super Smash.  While Melee was probably the best Smash game engine-wise, they made the mistake of "Hey if we just keep adding characters, that makes the game better right?". So we get carbon-copies of 1/3 of the characters in the game, with the clone or the original being vastly superior (Fox vs Falco, Gannondorf vs Falcon, Link vs Young Link, Pikachu vs Pichu, Mario vs Luigi, etc.) And then we get a half dozen characters that are awful (Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, etc.).

Instead of adding a dozen terrible characters and a dozen awful maps, why not fix some of the content you already have? Instead of making purposeful content, they just flood you with it.

A bit late but I totally agree. When I was at school my roommates learned about Project M for the wii Smash, which was pretty cool because it made the game feel more balanced and similar to Melee. The majority of maps in the wii game sucked dick.