What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krazychic

'MARIO CART' On Your Phone! Plus Other Nintendo Faves

18 posts in this topic

How awesome is this?  I think a new phone may be in order :P

It won't be long until everyone's favourite italian brothers will be living in your pocket! Mario and other Nintendo games will be avalible on your smartphone.

90's kids REJOICE! Nintendo has announced that they will be partnering with DeNA (A huge Japanese mobile game developing company), to create new apps featuring it’s famous characters.

Nintendo has previously solely focussed on selling it’s own handheld devices, like the Nintendo DS. In doing so they haven't been in on the the always growing mobile gaming market. Nintendo have decided they want to be part of this and will be developing a membership based system as well as downloadable games. OMG!

Nintendo haven’t confirmed what games will be made into apps. They have however stated that the games will feature all the famous Nintendo characters like Mario, Luigi and our favourite Toad. They have also said they will develop new and unique games, only available from your smaptphone or tablet.

When will this happen? No official date has been released but we can expect to something from Nintendo pretty quick.

nintendo-iphone-mario-kart-628.jpg

http://www.fox.com.au/scoopla/tech/blog/2015/3/mario-cart-on-your-phone-do-want/

DiSiAC and Puddin like this

Tiddy-bits:

Could have just done this through emulation before anyway *shrugs *. I have both Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64.

Oh, they're making new games for it... Huh, well, this is a first from Nintendo.

DiSiAC and swamp like this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Sure, but only if they can leave out Toad. I end up having to play as Toad every time I play Mario Kart just so I don't have to race against him, because everything he does is annoying. Then I learned that Toad is a parasitic fungus that turns people into mindless zombies.

>mobile gaming

>inb4 "RIP Nintendo"

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

>inb4 "RIP Nintendo"

no way man. nintendo is alive and well with splatoon and... uh... yeah nintendo has lots of games coming out

TCK likes this

I was pretty sure all the recent Nintendo titles were hits. Mario Kart 7 seemed very popular. How did people respond to the new Smash?

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

I was pretty sure all the recent Nintendo titles were hits. Mario Kart 7 seemed very popular. How did people respond to the new Smash?

I think it was pretty well received, I know all those Amiibos that Nintendo made got sold out really quick.

xgd0s9.jpg

I think it was pretty well received, I know all those Amiibos that Nintendo made got sold out really quick.

They've had a lot of hits, but they haven't done anything original in a while. Everyone is excited about splatoon because it's the first new thing in so long.

swamp likes this

Sure, but only if they can leave out Toad. I end up having to play as Toad every time I play Mario Kart just so I don't have to race against him, because everything he does is annoying. Then I learned that Toad is a parasitic fungus that turns people into mindless zombies.

When I was young I believed every character was different in speed.

When I got into my early teens I realized N64 wasn't that advanced, and thought it would be silly to have them different speeds since only 2-3 charaters would be good then, it didn't make game design sense.

Then I got older and finally looked it up and saw there were 3 character classes light medium heavy that each had their pros. Pretty funny stuff.

Nintendo has been very reluctant to get into the app marketplaces, I really don't see why as it fits in with their forte perfectly. They have the top selling handheld game systems, they pretty much own that market. They have all the experience developing products for that type of gaming environment, moreso than any other company. They've been doing portable, short-term handheld gaming since 1980

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0